Favorite Chanel evening bags?

GirlieShoppe

Formerly HermesNewbie
O.G.
Jun 2, 2008
I'm looking for a Chanel evening bag. I attend at least 2 black-tie events each year and I usually carry my Kate Spade basic black nylon evening bag. I would like to upgrade to Chanel this year. Can anyone recommend one? I'm thinking black or silver would work best. If anyone has photos that would be great!

Also, is it possible to get an evening bag for less than $1K?

Thanks so much!

Last edited:
Um, if you look for vintage ones on ebay they might have it less than $1k but it's hard to find a good deal. My closest bet would be the timeless clutch but that's $1500+ (it's already one of the cheaper Chanels around). You can find a pic here: http://www.chanel.com/fashion/8#8-bags-chanel-accessories-1,1

They have it in black and if I'm not wrong there's a silver for this fall. Lambskin would be more expensive than caviar leather too.

Thanks, ladies -- I appreciate it!

I need to go into my local boutique and take a look. I thought I would ask here first since you ladies are the experts!

I agree with the timeless clutch. Very lovely and it fits a ton!

I use my wallet on chain for evening events, although it doesn't hold as much as the timeless clutch can. I like how my wallet on chain can have the chain strap tucked in though, so you can wear it several different ways (with strap, doubled strap, messenger style, no strap).

12081245296dff0e95d9ea2.jpg

You can't go wrong with the caviar timeless clutch or the lambskin wallet on chain (WOC). If you order from Saks when they have an egc even you can get a little extra with your purchase.

I always use one of my wallets on a chain for black tie events. The timeless clutch is cute, but you need to hold a drink and shake hands at the same time and the clutch can become too fussy to deal with. You can wear the WOC long, or double or triple the strap. You can even tuck it in to make it a clutch if you really want to. I find that it is the easiest style of bag to use for events.

Also, is it possible to get an evening bag for less than $1K?

The regular WOC is about $1,475. The new pouch version is less expensive, but I think the regular WOC shape will stand the test of time better than the new shape. If you go to events every year, then splurge and get something that will last, not something trendy.