Favorite brands other than RM?

GUNG

Aug 25, 2007
This was inspired by another thread I saw in the handbags section of tpf. That particular thread was about Hayden Harnett bags, and it was interesting to note the responses and the similarities and disparities in the answers.

So, what bags do you, as a Rebecca Minkoff fan, also love?

My answer;)

Admittedly, Rebecca Minkoff has made me fall out of love with quite a few designers! I no longer hold my Botkier, Kooba, Gustto, Hayden Harnett and MBMJ in such a high regard, and my collection is now nearly entirely RM! However, I admit a deep and profound love for Miuccia (Prada!), and Marc Jacobs has had me in his grips for a while now, and I just can't "cheat" on his soft calf collection bags! Somehow, I have managed to provide enough love to go around!:rolleyes:

All in all, I think those are my three favorite brands of purses, and I feel that is unlikely to change. What about you?????:yes:

Well, my all out favorite is Rebecca Minkoff. In particular, the MAM, but I want a look at the Steady - that looks promising. Then comes Marc Jacobs. Boy oh boy, some beautiful, classic designs. After that it's a toss up. No one else speaks to me like these two. I enjoy some Bulga designs, as well as the LP Dylan line. I would probably like Balenciaga if I could afford it. And BE looks really pretty, if somewhat large for me. I tried to like Hayden Harnett, I really did, but I could never find a bag that was just right for me.

Whelp, you can pretty much look at my signature for all the bags that are "in the rotation"! But my faves are Marc by Marc Jacobs and Hayden-Harnett. I also like Moni Moni, Bugla, Be & D, Lockheart, and Linea Pelle. Someday I hope to own Marc Jacobs collection and Balenciaga.

My answer;)

Admittedly, Rebecca Minkoff has made me fall out of love with quite a few designers! I no longer hold my Botkier, Kooba, Gustto, Hayden Harnett and MBMJ in such a high regard, and my collection is now nearly entirely RM! However, I admit a deep and profound love for Miuccia (Prada!), and Marc Jacobs has had me in his grips for a while now, and I just can't "cheat" on his soft calf collection bags! Somehow, I have managed to provide enough love to go around!:rolleyes:

All in all, I think those are my three favorite brands of purses, and I feel that is unlikely to change. What about you?????:yes:

Before my beloved Night Blue Nikki:love: my collection consisted mostly of Botkier..still love my Sasha Duffle.

Also Marc Jacobs is one of my fav too!

Maddie:heart:

Marc Jacobs is my other big fave. The MJ main line is the designer whose bags I have the most of right now.

I used to really love Botkier but have sort of switched my loyalty to RM too. Botkier's quality and CS have gone down while prices have gone up. RM's quality and service is fantastic and prices remain reasonable.

I also love Alexander McQueen. I have one or two bags from other designers, including Chloe, Jimmy Choo, and Fendi. But I usually end up selling those because I don't LOVE them the way I love my other favorites.

But overall, RM, Marc Jacobs, and McQueen are my big favorites.

I pretty much like all bags :upsidedown:...if the leather is wonderful and the style works for me, I like it (can't necessarily buy it, but I LIKE it)! My favorites though are (besides my FAVORITE new RM :tender:) Chloe and Botkier.

ITA... I love all bags!!

But my favourites other than RM, are Balenciaga, Belen Echandia and Miu Miu. I just love super soft, smooth leather, and to me those are the ones with the best.

Rebecca Minkoff and Balenciaga are my two favorite designers. I also have fallen in love with Rachel Nasvik bags, which I find to be similar to RM in drape and softness - only with a bit of a grabbier, pebbled texture. Its yummy!

Bags that I continue to drool over, but have yet to own are Prada (which seems too dressy for my current wardrobe) and Bottega Veneta (Most of the styles I want are LE and out of my league price-wise).

^^ I'll need to look up Rachel Nasvik.

I pretty much will go for anything! I am really into having a widespread collection of bags. Right now however, RM is one of my favorite designers and I find I wear her bags the most out of any other bag. I also like Tano alot for their great price range. I have bag brands that are extremely varied. From Gryson, to LV, to Linea Pelle, to bags made from sellers on etsy, etc.

hmm just looked up Nasvik now. This bag is cute http://www.revolveclothing.com/DisplayProduct.jsp?product=RNAS-WY26&c=Rachel+Nasvik I think I'll get a bag from her in the future.

Gung, it sounds like we are birds of a feather, as I also have lost my lust for those other similarly priced brands after experiencing RM bags. I just received my first Marc Jacobs bag, the Elise of the soft calf collection to be precise, and I am sooooooo in love! It is my new dream bag, and I want more! I also have lusted after Miu Miu for some time, but haven't snagged one yet.

Apart from RM, I am into various designers and my collection is quite varied, but I have to say that my one true love is Balenciaga. Classic chanel pieces also have a special place in my heart.

I have to say that I just recently discovered RM through tPF and my love for RM is growing steadily and rapidly by the day. They are the only other bags beside my bbags where I am constantly petting and pinching the leather~~~!