What is your fav type lipstick finish? Poll

• Frosted / pearl

• Glossy

• Matte

• Sparkling

Results are only viewable after voting.

claireZk

Jun 18, 2007
I like "buttery" lipsticks, shiny and moisturizing. I'm not a huge fan of matte or glittery, because I don't like the way it feels on my lips!

Apr 15, 2007
I like very hydrating and moisturizing lipsticks with a dot of gloss for shine

aka Creamy, dreamy and kissable lips

Loquita

May 16, 2008
ITA with what everyone has said so far! I like the look of matte, but can't deal with the feel of it.

My fave has to be sheer/glossy. :tender:

nwhite

O.G.
Feb 25, 2008
TX
I choose frosted/pearl. I love the lustres and frosts from MAC like: Sandy B, Gel, Pretty Please, and High Tea

ProfNot

Sylvie Guillem fan
O.G.
May 10, 2006
danceland
Thanks for sharing!

A gf of mine in Los Angeles says that pearl is THE most popular finish there by far. She thinks it's the most popular finish nationwide. That's not the case in San Francisco or Vancouver so I was having a hard time believing her.

I have full lips so I'm a matte gal. I top color with a matte moisturizer. My sis only wears pearl/frosted. She lives in SoCal so I guess my LA friend is right!

I think sparkling is a nice look for young gals out clubbing. Doesn't fly on old older gals tho unless they are celebrities who can get away with everything, like Cher.

I don't remember noticing frosted/pearl in Europe's big cities, either. Any European gals want to weigh in?

Thanks all for assuaging my curiosity!

Kitsunegrl

Fill the Giant Pig!
O.G.
Nov 7, 2006
Cajun Country
I like glossy!
I want to like matte since I also have very full lips, but my lips are very dry to start with and I've never found a matte that is soothing. So I embrace the glossiness and welcome all to stare at my luscious lips..........lol!