Fauve Barenia CDC XS really doesn’t exist?

nekochama

Jul 4, 2010
Hi! I have two CDCs, one XS and one T1. I love them. I really want the Fauve Barenia PHW, but cannot find an XS/T1 anywhere. Several SAs have told me they have NEVER seen an XS in this leather. Could that really be true? I just tried on the S on the tightest notch, and it’s not as snug as I like. And I hear Barenia gets quite soft, unlike Box. Should I go ahead and get the S? I wanted the Fauve Barenia for summer. Or should I hold out hope that an XS/T1 will someday be made... TIA! Oh - for reference, my wrist is 5.5” 14cm.

Hi! I have two CDCs, one XS and one T1. I love them. I really want the Fauve Barenia PHW, but cannot find an XS/T1 anywhere. Several SAs have told me they have NEVER seen an XS in this leather. Could that really be true? I just tried on the S on the tightest notch, and it’s not as snug as I like. And I hear Barenia gets quite soft, unlike Box. Should I go ahead and get the S? I wanted the Fauve Barenia for summer. Or should I hold out hope that an XS/T1 will someday be made... TIA! Oh - for reference, my wrist is 5.5” 14cm.
I'm sure they exist - XS CDCs just aren't that common, especially in exotic and probably Barenia. But the Barenia CDC is a classic so I would be very surprised if it's not made in XS. I'd wait...a small CDC is too big on me and my wrists are about your size. I'm wearing an XS right now on second to tightest setting and it moves around....

Reactions: TeeCee77
I'm sure they exist - XS CDCs just aren't that common, especially in exotic and probably Barenia. But the Barenia CDC is a classic so I would be very surprised if it's not made in XS. I'd wait...a small CDC is too big on me and my wrists are about your size. I'm wearing an XS right now on second to tightest setting and it moves around....

Thank you for your reply! My gut says wait it out and not settle, even if I miss my Barenia CDC wish for summer. I like a snug fit, I think it looks sexier. So your wrists are also about 5.5"//14cm? I just got the Drag Double Tour in T1, and it is the perfect size. Not too tight, comfortable, yet doesn't slide around the wrist. I hate spinning! I think the S in the CDC would leave me slightly disappointed. And at these prices, I want to be thrilled with the piece in every way!

I could buy the Fauve Barenia XS now in RGHW, but I have pink undertones and wear mostly bold silver jewelry. My gold/rose gold jewelry is very delicate (think Catbird). Hold out, right?

Thank you for your reply! My gut says wait it out and not settle, even if I miss my Barenia CDC wish for summer. I like a snug fit, I think it looks sexier. So your wrists are also about 5.5"//14cm? I just got the Drag Double Tour in T1, and it is the perfect size. Not too tight, comfortable, yet doesn't slide around the wrist. I hate spinning! I think the S in the CDC would leave me slightly disappointed. And at these prices, I want to be thrilled with the piece in every way!

I could buy the Fauve Barenia XS now in RGHW, but I have pink undertones and wear mostly bold silver jewelry. My gold/rose gold jewelry is very delicate (think Catbird). Hold out, right?
I think our tastes are similar (I love Catbird!). I wear a CDC ring in rose gold every day and a Niloticus ring in RG most days, so I wear RG CDCs as well as palladium. With Barenia, though, I think PHW is a different look than any gold, very wearable and casual. I have a Barenia Kelly Double Tour with PHW and it's an all-occasion piece, although I rarely wear KDTs anymore.
I would hold out - if RGHW showed up palladium definitely will!

I think our tastes are similar (I love Catbird!). I wear a CDC ring in rose gold every day and a Niloticus ring in RG most days, so I wear RG CDCs as well as palladium. With Barenia, though, I think PHW is a different look than any gold, very wearable and casual. I have a Barenia Kelly Double Tour with PHW and it's an all-occasion piece, although I rarely wear KDTs anymore.
I would hold out - if RGHW showed up palladium definitely will!

Your rose gold rings are gorgeous! I love those bold styles you wear.

I have to agree, the contrast of the warm Barenia leather with the silver PHW looks especially casual cool. And I am a casual dresser (a lot of black, denim, leather.) I dipped my toe into RGHW with a Drag Double Tour in Vert Anglais. It's small enough to work with my delicate rose gold rings - I really love the color combo. But 90% of my jewelry is big, bold silver.

How is the fit on your Kelly Double Tour? I haven't tried one on, but seem to recall hearing that they run large and tend to spin on the wrist.

I will patiently wait for the PHW XS Barenia CDC! Is stalking the H website my best bet? I have asked to be notified by the Madison Ave boutique, but I don't feel like I am a priority to them... I hear the Wall Street boutique is much friendlier, but that's a bit of a trek for me.

Your rose gold rings are gorgeous! I love those bold styles you wear.

I have to agree, the contrast of the warm Barenia leather with the silver PHW looks especially casual cool. And I am a casual dresser (a lot of black, denim, leather.) I dipped my toe into RGHW with a Drag Double Tour in Vert Anglais. It's small enough to work with my delicate rose gold rings - I really love the color combo. But 90% of my jewelry is big, bold silver.

How is the fit on your Kelly Double Tour? I haven't tried one on, but seem to recall hearing that they run large and tend to spin on the wrist.

I will patiently wait for the PHW XS Barenia CDC! Is stalking the H website my best bet? I have asked to be notified by the Madison Ave boutique, but I don't feel like I am a priority to them... I hear the Wall Street boutique is much friendlier, but that's a bit of a trek for me.
I would stalk the website for sure. That’s how I found RGHW and black box in XS when I could not find in any boutique.
Barenia and palladium in perfect with jeans IMO, that is all I wear most days and my Barenia B is a perfect match. You are right, the XS KDT is too big on me.

I would stalk the website for sure. That’s how I found RGHW and black box in XS when I could not find in any boutique.
Barenia and palladium in perfect with jeans IMO, that is all I wear most days and my Barenia B is a perfect match. You are right, the XS KDT is too big on me.

Thank you so much for your guidance! I will stalk the website... Fingers crossed they put one up soon.