Faulty LV, yet again - Mine's a Palermo PM

pcarol

O.G.
Feb 11, 2008
I've got my Palermo PM for about 2 months.

and I've carried it for less than 5 times.

I carried it (It's my 4th time carrying it I believe) last Saturday and attended a seminar for work, while waiting the speaker to start, I was examining and admiring my gorgeous bag.

Suddenly, I found that there are loose threads coming off from the vachetta loop next to the gold ring for shoulder strap. I mean they are big CHUNKS of loose threads hanging out on one side of the gold ring. They felt plastic to me. I was so disappointed about it. i don't usually wear it on my shoulder / across the body even I had purchased an extra shoulder strap cos the original one is too short.

I asked my hubby at home to bring the receipt and an agnes b bag for me to carry back all of my stuff, we brought in the Palermo PM to a local Hong Kong LV shop. The SA said that he never seen sth like this before and would send my bag for a quality check, it usually takes about 7 days.

tPFers... I think this is a major bag defect for a bag used less than 5 times, not to mention it's sth from LV. I'm still not used to get the attention at work by carrying a screaming mono LV and only carry my Palermo PM on Saturdays and Sundays when I don't have too many things to carry... there it is... with loose threads and stuff.

Even though if they would manage to repair that particular vachetta loop (may be they'll charge me and say that it's my fault), I honestly lose confidence in the bag (particularly this style)... I don't want an exchange and I'm not hoping that they will do a refund for me... I do hope that they would be able to issue me a credit note for the amount I paid valid for 1 year and hopefully I would be able to choose sth of other styles.

Is my demand reasonable? Have you guys got anything similar to mine?

Will update you guys on the info about quality check once I get the call from LV.

PS: I have taken a picture of my Palermo, but it's blurred... I'll try to upload it tonight but I'm sorry that I won't be able to show you guys the fault clearly.

im so sorry to hear that!! i just got my palermo pm too i hope i dont find any defects >< Thats soo annoying to hear because you spend to much money on a quality bag and it turned out crap. You better get a refund for that!! you must!! hope you get your money back and everything works out!

Sorry to hear that has happened to your new bag! It is so disappointing to see threads come up about the quality of LV, esp. since we pay so much for them! Your demand is fair and I hope you find another bag that will make you happy! :tup:

i used to live in hk and i went back to the store after my one week old batignolles horizontal's hardware started to oxidize. they replaced it with a new one. but i do know that they issue store credit if you don't want a replacement bag. i don't think you're being unreasonable at all.

i used to live in hk and i went back to the store after my one week old batignolles horizontal's hardware started to oxidize. they replaced it with a new one. but i do know that they issue store credit if you don't want a replacement bag. i don't think you're being unreasonable at all.

Thanks so much! I'm more relieved when I read your post... I'll definitely insist to have a credit note then!

But fingers crossed that I can have a nice service, I had way too many LV experiences that were not so nice.... anyways... thx for letting me know abt your experience

Wow, sorry to hear about it. Keep us posted, hopefully something good will come out of it. The Palermo is on my wish list but it seems like it's been having a lot of problems like the Tivoli. I'm going to wait until the demand for this bag dies down so I'll have a lesser chance of getting a defective one.

I know how it feels to love a bag and be so excited about it only to find blaring defects. Sit tight, we are here for you and let us know how it all turns out.:flowers:

Dear all, here's the pic

the blurred image close to my shoe in the background was the bunch of loose thread that I was talking about.

IMAG0031.jpg