Faulty Caissa hobo. Fix or exchange?

Breadnbrie

Jun 11, 2016
California
My apologies if I'm asking something super obvious; I've never returned or exchanged before. Hoping anyone who has been though this process at LV can give some tips as to what to expect, and how to make this go seamlessly.

My Caissa hobo has a screw that's come loose a few times, and been tightened both by me and at the boutique. The last time I was at the boutique getting it tightened, the SA told me if it comes loose again, to take it in to get the hardware replaced.

Well, it did. I'm planning to go to the boutique next week for this purpose, but am having doubts as to keeping this bag, because I'll always be worried about it happening again with another screw. I'm thinking of exchanging it for a NF or a Delightful, something I can throw around and not worry about. If this needs to be an even exchange, I might even spring for a PM in empreinte.

My questions/concerns are:
1. Can I do this even if I can't find my receipt? They can pull up my purchase history with my information, right?
2. I don't have a relationship with an SA. I bought the Caissa online. I bought 3/4 of my LV bags online, except for the first one, but the SA I bought from is no longer there. Will this affect how my transaction is handled?
3. If it matters, I have the choice of going to the flagship boutique, or the Bloomingdale's one. South Coast Plaza in Southern California.
4. For anyone who's had the Caissa, would they allow me to exchange before we attempted to replace the hardware, or would I "have to" try replacing the screw first?
5. Has anyone who had the Caissa gotten a screw replaced, and never had any problems with the bag since?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

lvoe nyc

Mar 25, 2013
1. They will be able to look up the purchase.
2.I don't think it will matter, they'll probably have the leather goods manager help you.
3. Pick which ones easiest for you (unless someone in CA says otherwise).

You'll have to bring in the bag, they'll look at the bag and give you a piece of paper. They may send it out for repair which will take 4 to 6 weeks. They may offer a store credit, but I'd think they'll do the repair, since they told you they would repair it. I think it depends on if it's a know issue. I had an Ikat NF with the melting glaze, and recieved store credit. It was a known problem.
You can request a store credit, but I think they'll try to fix the bag especially if it's not a common problem. I don't know how common it is though.
I'd walk in and ask to speak to the leather goods manager, because they'll know the most about defects.

Reactions: Breadnbrie

Breadnbrie

Jun 11, 2016
California
1. They will be able to look up the purchase.
2.I don't think it will matter, they'll probably have the leather goods manager help you.
3. Pick which ones easiest for you (unless someone in CA says otherwise).

You'll have to bring in the bag, they'll look at the bag and give you a piece of paper. They may send it out for repair which will take 4 to 6 weeks. They may offer a store credit, but I'd think they'll do the repair, since they told you they would repair it. I think it depends on if it's a know issue. I had an Ikat NF with the melting glaze, and recieved store credit. It was a known problem.
You can request a store credit, but I think they'll try to fix the bag especially if it's not a common problem. I don't know how common it is though.
I'd walk in and ask to speak to the leather goods manager, because they'll know the most about defects.
Thanks for your reply and your advice. There have been multiple reported problems with the screws coming loose on this particular bag. Some people already returned or exchanged theirs. I had read about it before my purchase, but chose to proceed anyway. I think that due to the nature of the design and size of the screws, they're prone to coming loose.

lvoe nyc

Mar 25, 2013
Thanks for your reply and your advice. There have been multiple reported problems with the screws coming loose on this particular bag. Some people already returned or exchanged theirs. I had read about it before my purchase, but chose to proceed anyway. I think that due to the nature of the design and size of the screws, they're prone to coming loose.
True, then they'll probably offer a credit. I wouldn't ask for one right away. I'd bring in the bag, let them know that you're frustrated about having to bring the bag in. I'm pretty sure that they'll offer a credit right away.
A lot of SA's don't seem to know/care about issues with the bags. I'd nicely state the issue and they should give you a credit. Good luck, let us know.

Aryel

Nov 7, 2014
Vancouver, BC
When this bag came out a couple of years ago, so many people had the issues with the screws. A lot of them end up exchanging it to a different bag from the fear of losing screws.

LVADIKManNiUi

Apr 9, 2015
Either try to get a replacement bag if you can because the newer bags have longer screws. Or maybe pick a different bag if you can?
But if they repair the old bag, the probably will use the longer screws anyway.

I have the caissa and luckily, mine is still ok until now.

Last edited:

Breadnbrie

Jun 11, 2016
California
Either try to get a replacement bag if you can because the newer bags the longer screws. Or maybe pick a different bag if you can?
But if they repair or old bag, the probably will use the longer screws anyway.

I have the caissa and luckily, mine is still ok until now.
I got mine in December 2016; I think this one is already the new bag :sad:

Breadnbrie

Jun 11, 2016
California
UPDATE! They offered me store credit final sale before I was even done with my spiel, no questions asked! I got a Neverfull MM in ebene, an Epi victorine wallet, and a card case. Very happy! I was going to get a Neverfull in this pattern anyway, plus I've been wanting a compact wallet forever, so I suppose this saves me 2 purchases!

LVADIKManNiUi

Apr 9, 2015
UPDATE! They offered me store credit final sale before I was even done with my spiel, no questions asked! I got a Neverfull MM in ebene, an Epi victorine wallet, and a card case. Very happy! I was going to get a Neverfull in this pattern anyway, plus I've been wanting a compact wallet forever, so I suppose this saves me 2 purchases!

Congratulations :smile:
Enjoy your new goodies :love:

shup

O.G.
Mar 27, 2007
Cool! Did you end up going to Bloomingdales or the flagship in SCP?

BAGLADY 3375

May 30, 2014
Im so glad your situation had a happy ending. LV usually tries their best to satisfy the customer. I was able to exchange after 30 days once, practically unheard of but I was patient yet persistent LOL and they handled it. I will continue to give them my business. Enjoy your beautiful items.