Fault with eight-week old wallet - I'm not having a good week!

I've never had anything hot-stamped so can't help you with that. Sorry.

All your purchases should be logged onto the computer, regardless of a store or online purchase. But it shouldn't be an issue, my wallet was bought whilst on holiday in Canada and I returned it to a UK store.

Which is your nearest store?

They will not know who I am, as I don't shop there, so I feel a little bit apprehensive about taking it there (I'm not really sure why..) but it would be easier than trying to arrange a day for FedEx to come and pick it up (I am at uni five days a week and work Saturdays) - but they will be able to see from my purchase history that I've bought quite a few things from the online store this year, won't they?

Yes. Don't worry, I am sure LV staff will be professional and courteous.

I live in Scotland and the only store in the country is in Edinburgh.

If I managed to pick up one of the smaller items on my wishlist while I'm there, it might cheer me up a bit. It's a very small store though, they probably won't even have the things I'm interested in!

Honestly, don't worry too much about the return. I've read stories of people who've had 2nd hand...bonanzle or ebay bought items repaired by LV. If you find traveling too much of a hassle, call the store and ask if there's any other way to handle that repair. Give details.

I live in Scotland and the only store in the country is in Edinburgh.

If I managed to pick up one of the smaller items on my wishlist while I'm there, it might cheer me up a bit. It's a very small store though, they probably won't even have the things I'm interested in!

Why don't you call ahead and check the boutique's stock?

^ I could, but honestly, it makes more sense for me to go to the boutique anyway, rather than have a courier pick it up. It isn't convenient for me as I'm hardly ever home and I doubt FedEx would take kindly to making a pick-up on a Sunday. :sad:

I take it there'll be no problem with the fact that it was bought online? I don't have to have them pick it up, do I, though it's a service they might offer me?

I keep everything, so I have the box, dustbag, all the receipts/paperwork and the tag that came with it, so that's not an issue.

You could ring the store and arrange to post it to them. I once had a fault on a multicolore Sologne (honestly, I don't JUST buy items with faults!) and sent it Special Delivery to Bond Street as I couldn't get there for a couple of months. They sent me a new one the same week (turns out that was a known design fault in the end).

But possibly easier to explain in person? Honestly, don't worry about.

I'm sorry this happened to you; definitely not acceptable after such a short period of time. I do think, however, that there won't be any problem with bringing the wallet in. Heat stamping or no, if the wallet is defective, I'm absolutely certain they'll take care of it.

I don't think you will have any problem getting this resolved at LV. They will either send it for repair or replace it with a new wallet that can be heatstamped for you.

Good Luck and keep us posted on this!!

If you know an SA there personally, give him/her a call to let him/her know you're gonna be visiting and why.

I know it isn't overstuffed, it just looks that way, don't show that to the SA and don't let them tell you that you overstuffed it, cardslots are meant to be used IMHO =.=

I agree. I hope you get a resolution. A wallet shouldn't show much wear that soon, regardless of how you pack it.

Sorry this has happened to you. I just went thru the same exact thing. In June I purchased a Zippy Organizer and in August noticed the glazing coming up on one of the corners.

Went right away to LV they sent it for repairs 4 weeks later, I pick it up and 3 days later the same exact spot where it was reglazed came back up again.

I called my store manager and he said to come in and get a new one. I've had the new one now almost a week.

If I were you I would insist they give you a new one and have it hot stamped. Your wallet is not stuffed and neither was mine, however that is the first response you"ll get from an SA, "this happens when you over fill it"! Not true, on an 8 week old wallet!!!!!

Good Luck

Joyce, thanks for sharing your experience with me. Glad your situation was resolved.

I really feel that I should not have to have an eight-week old wallet repaired, it's a little ridiculous. It should be replaced. If I bought a TV or a computer and it was showing any sign of malfunction after two months, I would return it for a replacement - I would not have it sent for repair.

The only reasons I'm hesitant to insist on a replacement are that I didn't buy it at the Edinburgh store, and I would feel a little bad demanding a replacement there, and also because I've had it personalised with the hot stamping. That shouldn't make a difference, though. I suppose you can get some electronics personalised too. If I bought an iPod with an engraving and it packed it in not long after, I'd still be looking for a new one.

If I were to insist on a replacement as opposed to a repair, I am not the sort of person to be rude or have an attitude without good reason, so I would of course be firm but polite.

^^ Definitely, be firm as well as polite. I completely agree with you. The reason I was dumb enough to allow for a repair was because I was distracted by sooo many SA's that came and gave all their opinions and said my wallet was over stuffed. And I did not want to argue.

So I gave them the chance to repair it and well the repair was crappy. So if I were you I would still go to the store and try, the worst that could happen they say it has to go out for repair. Then I would leave and try my luck with 866 and ask for a supervisor.

If that does not work then i'm afraid the repair is the only option.

However I would mention that you've heard from other SA's that it's technically covered for 6 months from manufacturers defect. (This came direct from my store manager)

Thank you so much for the information. :smile:

I don't want to go in and act like a know-it-all, particularly because I don't know any of the staff, but as I said, I feel if this was any other sort of product, I would be saying that I am looking for a replacement rather than a repair.

Do I have any rights regarding insisting on a replacement because of the short time I've had the wallet? Is this what you mean by 6 months cover for manufacturers defect? I'm not entirely sure but I believe I have read that LV will normally repair an item for free within the first year if it's not been damaged by the customer? I just wondered if they do tend to replace much newer items.

If they do not provide me with a replacement, I think I will call customer services.

I meant to add - I really don't want to go without this wallet for four weeks. If I had had it for a year or two and through wear and tear this had happened, I would accept that it would have to be repaired and that a replacement would be out of the question, but I find it hard to accept after this short period of time.