Fat Grafting In Korea

Hi,

I paid 3.5 million won in cash, it's supposed to include 2 rounds but I'm still considering whether or not to return in April because I want to see how much fat I'm going to retain in these couple of months..

@MissOrange about the compression head bandage, Did you tell the Doctor that you would wear the bandage? Did he recommend it? Just check the bandage on google and there's several models. Did you wear one like this http://www.caromed.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Caromed-1-8006-Chin-Neck-Bandage-WM.png ?
My problem are nasolabial & cheek area. Do you think it will be strange if i just do it on those area or it's better to get full face since the price is not that different.
Anyway, how many days after the procedure you recommend to fly back to my home country?
Thanks a lot :smile:
My bandage was the same but without the neck bit. If you have hollow temples and an uneven forehead, get fat graft there as it is one price for 'full face'. The nasolabial fat graft does not last as we use our mouths a lot so definitely go for top up. I flew back a few days after fat graft. I wouldn't recommend as I got weird stares from children at the airport! Give it more like 7 days if you do not want to be stopped by immigration in your country like I was. Lol.

Hi,

I paid 3.5 million won in cash, it's supposed to include 2 rounds but I'm still considering whether or not to return in April because I want to see how much fat I'm going to retain in these couple of months..
Go back for your second round. It takes 2 rounds to take and you paid for it! You may kick yourself for not going back when the fat graft starts disappearing and you haven't booked your top up date.

I would highly not recommend icing after fat graft as stimulating blood supply to the injected fat is crucial for its survival, ice works against that.
I agree @Gats. But when I saw my face swollen to Frankenstein size, I was desperate to reduce the fat graft ASAP with ice and bandages! Thankfully the top up face graft was less traumatic.

Is it safe for a 23 year old girl to have fat grafting?
I would personally not recommend fat grafting at this young age. The fat goes down and then the skin sags and then you are tempted to fly back for acculift or a mini smas lift and it becomes a vicious cycle of catch up. You will lose fat naturally with ageing and that is when fat grafting really makes a huge difference. If you are too thin, your face may look gaunt so just gain a few pounds and your face will plump up. If your face is too chubby, then diet and do walking exercise as eventually the fat in your face will go down with sufficient weight loss. The problem with liposuction for overfill is that the skin may end up loose. Best to lose weight and allow the body to lose fat from the face naturally. Think of extremely thin people, they all end up losing facial fat and fat everywhere on the body. I am trying to stay a few pounds over my ideal weight to keep the fat in my face as I have already had my top up last September.

Reactions: astrid07
For those who did fg more than once, did the dr lipo new fat for touch up full face or the fat which has been stored 6 months ago?

I asked a clinic if they lipo new fat for second treatment but they said the touch up will then not be included in the price if it has gone more than 6 months since last time and usually they would would store the fat for the touch up but i heard stored fat is not durable
I liked DAPRS as I paid up front for 2 goes of fat grafting and when I flew back 2 months later, they harvested fresh fat from my inner thighs. Keep the kakao dialogue so you can show them when you fly back. It was more work for Dr Kim but it also ensured the fat would take better. It has been 5 months since my top up and the fat is still in my temples, cheeks, marionette lines. I have had to top up the nasolabial lines with dermal filler this month.

Hello every,

Im only looking to do whole face fat grafting. Anyone heard of ME Cosmetic Clinic? It's not a big hospital & their price seems very reasonable compared to others highly advertised ones.

very good review. thank you for sharing blog! because I want to go to korea for fatgraft soon and I am thinking of regen because I already have experienced breast surgery in regen and it's good, this blog really helpful for me thank youuu :smile:

Last edited:
Hi there!
I am 13 days post op from my fat graft in Korea. I did mine at Navi in the end. I was gg to do it at Fresh or JW but then contacted my Korean gf whom I went to high school with and she recommended Navi. I guess it's where the locals go to. They don't have an english translator tho, but they had a chinese translator. All the girls who work there are seriously pretty.. I think they all did A LOT of work.

Anyway, I did the full face FG. The first few days were horrible, I swelled up like a chipmunk and looked absolutely awful. Didn't even dare go to to the hotel buffet, just room service the first 3 days. The swelling has gone down mostly now and I'm quite pleased with the results, nose and above. I love the volume of my forehead and naso labial folds, it looks great right now, which means I think it will dissolve over time. I'll update in a month or two's time whether it goes away. However, I do feel a lump on my chin. It's not visible when looking, but I can feel it when I run my fingers over my chin to touch it.. it's just a small lump, used to be a bigger one in the beginning but it's gone down quite a bit since then. Luckily it's not visible so I hope that goes away with time. What I'm not happy about at the moment is that I think my lower cheeks are abit full. Maybe it's the korean aesthetic that the doctor's trying to do, you know, the "baby face" look. I have a natural V-line and my lower cheeks are abit full right now so I'm not used to that. Also, I can't smile as wide as I used to because the fat on the lower cheeks are still feeling kinda full. So, that makes my lips look funny because I used to smile a lot wider.. and now I still can't move my lips to a big wide smile. It feels constricted. Anyway, I know that things will probably settle down and change over time so we will see. Still have one bruise at the site of injection that hasn't disappeared yet.

As for the eyes, I am in my early 30s and used to have pretty bad eye circles if I don't have make up., hereditary I guess. Lost volume in my eyes so the eye circles seem worse as I aged. After FG, the profile around the eyes is nice but the dark eye circles are not completely gone, but I would say SO MUCH better. I can go out without concealer and not feel as conscious as I used to. I hope the fat stays there and doesn't go away with time.. it's just nice right now!
Hi @pinkbunny21, thank you for sharing your experience! :smile: May I know which doc u did your surgery with? (PM me if u don't wanna quote here) thank u!

I just searched the video about her review, so share the link!

Hey TPF's,

I wanted to start a thread on the infamous FAT GRAFTING. I am interested in getting this procedure done for a more 'youthful' appearance.

Anyone here done it? Had a consultation? Positive/Negative Reviews?
I follow a blogger who just recently had it done in Korea, and her results make her look much more young and fresh...

http://bongqiuqiu.blogspot.ca/2013/04/seoul-far-so-good-nose-job-fat-grafting.html

Reactions: MissOrange