Fat graft vs fillers?

dpnot

Apr 14, 2017
Do y'all think fat graft or fillers are better for the under eye area with hollowness? I know there are different kinds of fillers but both of them are not permanent but I've read about someone who said it lasted up to a year and she got small blue circles? under her eyes and they're still there after 6 years but fat graft doesn't cause any of that as far as I know.

Also since people keep saying getting fat grafts 2-3 times make it sorta permanent so I need opinions on these two and which is better since the under eye area is super delicated and thin.

I haven't tried fillers, but I did have fat grafting done under my eyes a little over a year ago. It came out lumpy under my left eye and even though all the fat eventually dissapeared (thankfully), I looked really weird for months. It also made my already thin under eye skin even more sensitive.

Maybe I was just unlucky, but I still would not recommend fat grafting under the eyes or fat grafting at all for that matter.

I think filler might be safer since if something goes wrong you can get it dissolved. Just do your research and go to someone reputable with lots of experience.

Reactions: dpnot
I haven't tried fillers, but I did have fat grafting done under my eyes a little over a year ago. It came out lumpy under my left eye and even though all the fat eventually dissapeared (thankfully), I looked really weird for months. It also made my already thin under eye skin even more sensitive.

Maybe I was just unlucky, but I still would not recommend fat grafting under the eyes or fat grafting at all for that matter.

I think filler might be safer since if something goes wrong you can get it dissolved. Just do your research and go to someone reputable with lots of experience.
Where did you go to for fat graft?

i think fat is better definitely because some % will stay too. on youtube a youtuber just got it done under her eyes.

i am also going on june 3 to banobagi to get fat graft under my eyes

Thanks a lot! Have you had any consultation there or did fat grafting ? I am really keen in facial fat grafting now...
No i did not. I only mentioned from what I heard from others, there are posts around here that talk about it. Do your research, it really is so important if you're going to do a drastic decision like having surgery.