Fashionphile - What Do I Do? Ripping Me Off!

KittyKat65

O.G.
Feb 27, 2007
I bought a Cartier Love Bracelet from Fashionphile. When it arrived, the tag was on the bracelet, but to try it on you have to open the bracelet. I didn't like the fit, so I returned it. They received it last Tuesday and finally acknowledged it today. They said it was not in the original condition so they are not refunding my money. They claim the tag was removed, but it was never secured to begin with - it just hung on the bracelet and fell off when opened. I can't get through to them by phone and they don't respond to emails* and I will be out $1,000 if I accept their "buyback." I am in tears of frustration because I saved for so long to get this. Where do I stand and what can I do?

* I have tried calling them and emailing them for the past few days to check the status of my refund - I sit on hold for an hour or they don't call back "in the order" the phone call was received...or ever.

I paid with debit card.

I didn't take photos. They simply closed the bracelet around the tag. I attached it the same way, which is not really attaching anything because the bracelet opens up and you slip the tag back on.

I just posted on Twitter. I sent them a message through Facebook. I will try Instagram next.

I paid with debit card.

I didn't take photos. They simply closed the bracelet around the tag. I attached it the same way, which is not really attaching anything because the bracelet opens up and you slip the tag back on.

I just posted on Twitter. I sent them a message through Facebook. I will try Instagram next.
If your debit card has a Visa/Mastercard logo, check with your bank because some banks offer similar debit protection on accounts with the logo.

But try to exhaust all other recourse before filing a chargeback.

Reactions: KittyKat65
I sometimes have trouble with an email response, but I always get through on a call. Does it get to the part where you can leave a call back # if you can't sit on hold? I find them to be extremely reasonable if you could talk to someone and explain that that's how the tag was "attached" I'm sure they would understand. The person checking it in probably had no idea it was sent this way.

If you fail to get anywhere, tell them you want to speak to Sarah personally about this. You should not have to accept the buyback and lose money when it was sent this way. Just keep going, you will get someone help. Best of luck.

My debit card does have a Visa logo.

A chargeback would just mean I get my money back because they currently have my money and the bracelet. I am so done with this company.
I think it's up to the individual banks on how they handle disputes, but I'd still give @fashionphile the opportunity to make it right.

(I've tagged because there have been cases where Sarah has replied to threads here on TPF.)

I heard back on Instagram that the policy is all tags need to be attached; how is this possible if they were not attached to begin with? I am beyond livid and frustrated because this will be their word against mine and there is no way they will admit their error. What's funny is that before I bought it, I called and got through to ask what to do if I order and it doesn't fit and the representative told me, "Just send it back. We can't attach the tag to the bracelet like we could on a purse, so just return it as it arrived to you within the return window." I shipped it back the day after I received it. Meanwhile, calling is futile because they are all in "a company wide meeting."

Reactions: OogleAtLuxury
I heard back on Instagram that the policy is all tags need to be attached; how is this possible if they were not attached to begin with? I am beyond livid and frustrated because this will be their word against mine and there is no way they will admit their error. What's funny is that before I bought it, I called and got through to ask what to do if I order and it doesn't fit and the representative told me, "Just send it back. We can't attach the tag to the bracelet like we could on a purse, so just return it as it arrived to you within the return window." I shipped it back the day after I received it. Meanwhile, calling is futile because they are all in "a company wide meeting."
That's BS!

Go back to their IG response and copy and paste their OWN representative's reply!

ETA: OT but why would @fashionphile's IG promote another consignment store's Go Fund Me?
https://www.instagram.com/fashionphile/?hl=en
Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 1.49.55 PM.png