Fashionphile Quote

lexig07

Apr 23, 2009
Hi everyone I'm new to letting go of my bags and has anyone used this site? I sent them pics of my Chanel bag and they quoted me 800 buy out. I bought my bag from a American Cancer Society thrift sale for $30. I have only used it like 6 times since buying it,but apart of me doesn't want to let it go because "it's Chanel" [emoji848] but it's basically collecting dust. What your guys opinion or input? Itd be greatly appreciated

Sep 23, 2009
UK
It depends what bag it is.....resale value varies greatly depending on whether it is one of the classics/sort after bags or a seasonal bag - plus age and condition play a role too. $800 doesn't sound bad especially as you only paid $30!!! (shame the charity didn't know how much it was worth as it could have made them a lot of money!). If you're not going to use it then I would think the money is better than it sitting in the closet. Sites like Fashionphile take quite a high percentage so you're always going to get less than selling it yourself on other resale sites but if you don't want the hassle then they are a good option.

Reactions: lexig07

lexig07

Apr 23, 2009
It depends what bag it is.....resale value varies greatly depending on whether it is one of the classics/sort after bags or a seasonal bag - plus age and condition play a role too. $800 doesn't sound bad especially as you only paid $30!!! (shame the charity didn't know how much it was worth as it could have made them a lot of money!). If you're not going to use it then I would think the money is better than it sitting in the closet. Sites like Fashionphile take quite a high percentage so you're always going to get less than selling it yourself on other resale sites but if you don't want the hassle then they are a good option.
Yea it's 2005-2006 Navy Ritz. Definitely not a classic. It is in awesome condition, no wear or tear. Thanks for responding, yeah I might just take it I don't know where to start on selling it myself [emoji38]