**Selling/consigning** with Fashionphile

Oh sweet! I didn’t know NM has a showroom for consigning bags on Fp. Do they give you cash buyout or NM giftcard right there and then? If that’s the case, I should stop by soon to consign my jumbo. I got a quote from FP app for 5700 but 6270 with NM giftcard. Not sure if this is a good deal since my bag is brand new with retail tags on (also bought from NM).

This seems like a really generous quote. The last time they quoted me about $3200 for my Like New Black Jumbo double flap w/ full set (including the white box issued from 31 Rue Cambon). I would take it considering the inventory they already have sitting for sale.

Question- When you guys send pics to FP (or other online resellers) for a quote, do you include the serial tag unobscured? I am cautious about posting/sharing the serial tag. Should I worry about that?

This seems like a really generous quote. The last time they quoted me about $3200 for my Like New Black Jumbo double flap w/ full set (including the white box issued from 31 Rue Cambon). I would take it considering the inventory they already have sitting for sale.
Wow! That’s a big difference. When did you purchase your jumbo? Maybe they gave me a generous offer because I never used to the bag, it still has tags on, and comes full set. Or maybe the beige Clair is less common than black so the quote is higher? It could be random too, whoever is giving the quote at the time. They probably have a big team giving out hundreds of quotes each day, so it’s a numbers game. I’d try again after the first quote expires to see if they increase it the 2nd time.

Luckily, I ended up selling it privately since I could get more from what I paid.:smile:

Wow! That’s a big difference. When did you purchase your jumbo? Maybe they gave me a generous offer because I never used to the bag, it still has tags on, and comes full set. Or maybe the beige Clair is less common than black so the quote is higher? It could be random too, whoever is giving the quote at the time. They probably have a big team giving out hundreds of quotes each day, so it’s a numbers game. I’d try again after the first quote expires to see if they increase it the 2nd time.

Luckily, I ended up selling it privately since I could get more from what I paid.:smile:
Good for you!! Mine was purchased summer 2013. I have full set too, but I wonder if I was lowballed because I edited the Serial number to not disclose the full tag. I am curious what they would offer currently. I will try again soon.

Yoogis is terrible. I think that’s why they don’t have much good stock anymore. I can find stuff now and then but not like I use to. I actually stopped even bothering submitting items to them.

It baffles me how they expect to keep getting good inventory when they consistently offer lower quotes than everywhere else … maybe some sellers just don’t know to shop around? That said, I did randomly get a quote for one bag I submitted recently that was significantly higher than FP, Rebag, and TRR, and then they ended up paying me slightly more than the high end of the consignment quote once it sold! So to me it’s still worth it to submit items. It’s not too much extra trouble if you already have photos taken to submit elsewhere, plus my feeling is that if enough people keep turning down their lowball quotes, hopefully they’ll get the memo that it might be time to raise them if they want to be competitive.

I submitted a few bags to fashion pile and in two cases uploaded a complete random picture - not showing any purse at all. Which I realized later. Yet they gave me quotes - which also have been ridiculously low. A brand new small boy bag - I paid over $5k after tax for they quoted me for $2,275. The bag hasn’t been used or anything. The only one they quoted like almost original price - $4k was the small pink neon.

Reactions: Winiebean
I just got a buyout quote from Fashionpile for $3500 for a white Jumbo Classic Flap. I purchased it in 2007 and only used it a couple times. I want to sell because it just sits in my closet. I still have everything that came with it....the box, dust bag, authenticity card. Does this seem like a fair offer? I am afraid of selling it on my own with all the scammers out there.
Update: I checked with TRR and they offered a lot less than Fashionphile.

That is so interesting. Perhaps they give quote based on the title name? I am expecting them to switch to AI quotation sometime soon.

I submitted a few bags to fashion pile and in two cases uploaded a complete random picture - not showing any purse at all. Which I realized later. Yet they gave me quotes - which also have been ridiculously low. A brand new small boy bag - I paid over $5k after tax for they quoted me for $2,275. The bag hasn’t been used or anything. The only one they quoted like almost original price - $4k was the small pink neon.

Reactions: Gabel