**Selling/consigning** with Fashionphile

Thoughts on a pristine small coco handle quoted for $3800? I was gonna take NM gift card so that brings it up to $4180...I would end up losing a little bit but not much. Should I sell now or hold off? What do you guys think? TIA!
would you mind sharing the color and hardware of this small coco handle? I’m thinking of submitting a quote for mine as well !

Does anyone know if having the original box makes a huge difference in their quotes? I submitted for a Chanel boy new medium and I just found my original box. I didn’t include it in the original quote but was wondering if it’ll make a difference and if it’s worth mentioning.
No it does not make a difference in the original quote.

Does anyone know if having the original box makes a huge difference in their quotes? I submitted for a Chanel boy new medium and I just found my original box. I didn’t include it in the original quote but was wondering if it’ll make a difference and if it’s worth mentioning.

I called them once because I had requested a quote for a bag without the authenticity card, thinking I couldn't find it, and then later I did....I called up to ask if they would adjust the quote, or if items like the authenticity card/box/etc make a huge difference in the buyout offer. They told me that it did not, but they always love getting those items of course. They would not adjust the quote for me, and I ended up just sending the bag with the card included for no additional payout.

Has anyone received quote from fashionfile for jumbo in new/excellent condition?
I just received a quote for my new beige Clair jumbo in caviar w/ GHW for $5700 cash or $6270 for NM giftcard. I bought the bag for $6200 late 2019, about $6700 with sales tax. Realized jumbo size is not for me, want small/med instead. Considering low offers here, maybe mine is a good deal? But then I see FP selling the same used bag from 18 series for $7700? I wonder how much they would sell mine for cuz it’s brand new with retail tags on??! :confused1::confused1: Debating if ai should take to fund this new Chanel bag I want lol!

It’s on the 3rd floor inside NM SF. You need to call first to schedule an appointment.
Oh sweet! I didn’t know NM has a showroom for consigning bags on Fp. Do they give you cash buyout or NM giftcard right there and then? If that’s the case, I should stop by soon to consign my jumbo. I got a quote from FP app for 5700 but 6270 with NM giftcard. Not sure if this is a good deal since my bag is brand new with retail tags on (also bought from NM).

Reactions: Coach Superfan
I just received a quote for my new beige Clair jumbo in caviar w/ GHW for $5700 cash or $6270 for NM giftcard. I bought the bag for $6200 late 2019, about $6700 with sales tax. Realized jumbo size is not for me, want small/med instead. Considering low offers here, maybe mine is a good deal? But then I see FP selling the same used bag from 18 series for $7700? I wonder how much they would sell mine for cuz it’s brand new with retail tags on??! :confused1::confused1: Debating if ai should take to fund this new Chanel bag I want lol!
I think it sounds like a great deal. If you buy RTW and other stuff from NM, id take that. Especiallu if you can get the other bag from NM. (I don’t know if gift cards are limited though). Even if Fashionphile sells it for 7700, I think it would be too nerve wracking to sell anything myself. JMO though!

I should add, though, that I try not to think of rehoming stuff as getting back what I paid (bc then, with a few exceptions, I’d never clean out my closet). maybe as the cost of educating myself as to what works for me and a reminder, albeit costly, to think hard about my purchases (I tend to be an impulse buyer) :biggrin:

Last edited:
Oh sweet! I didn’t know NM has a showroom for consigning bags on Fp. Do they give you cash buyout or NM giftcard right there and then? If that’s the case, I should stop by soon to consign my jumbo. I got a quote from FP app for 5700 but 6270 with NM giftcard. Not sure if this is a good deal since my bag is brand new with retail tags on (also bought from NM).
It’s not NM showroom but is the FP small showroom inside NM. They called it showroom but it’s a like a small office with nothing displayed.

I think that’s as much as you could get for jumbo now. Yes, they will email you NM e-gift cards within 15 minutes after you accepted their offer. For ACH (direct deposit) it will be the next day or so. Haven’t done cash (check) so I don’t know you can ask them. You drop off your item at the appointment time then they will call you when they are done processing it.