**Selling/consigning** with Fashionphile

The Fashionphile quoted me $4800 for my 18S light pink lambskin medium flap in a like new condition. I paid $5300, but I was hoping for more than $4800. I have never sold any of my Chanel bags. So, what do you think about their offer?

View attachment 5015754
Imo, I would personally take it? You can always opt for neiman marcus gift card for an extra 10%? They do have to pay taxes and fees when selling too, so I would say your getting almost the price you paid without the sales tax and you don’t have to worry about a buyer opening a PayPal or credit card case to scam you? I hope that helps

OMG. I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your bag and money. I cannot imagine how devastated you were. A couple of hundred dollars more is not worthy to risk the whole bag. Thank you for sharing your experience.
Oh... yes!!! That’s was a really painful experience! I filed it to eBay, but they always stay on the buyer favors, so don’t bother it! Even you successfully sold your bag, you still have to pay eBay and PayPal transaction fees, I can’t remember exactly, I think its sum up around 10% of your profits. So, not worth it !

Appalled is a understatement! Sent pictures of a bag I wanted to sell to fashionphile over a week ago and they just got back to me... their quote was $6k for my Birkin! Which I paid over $10k for last July. My birkin is from 2007 however is in very very good condition and it is a rested color that I’ve seen a lot of draw for the last few weeks. I was also including a brand new rodeo with the bag. Honestly I was just hoping to get $12k since the same bag is now on far fetch for a whooping $15k and the bag on far fetch is in way worse condition! Honestly this just made me never want to do business with Fashionphile.

Appalled is a understatement! Sent pictures of a bag I wanted to sell to fashionphile over a week ago and they just got back to me... their quote was $6k for my Birkin! Which I paid over $10k for last July. My birkin is from 2007 however is in very very good condition and it is a rested color that I’ve seen a lot of draw for the last few weeks. I was also including a brand new rodeo with the bag. Honestly I was just hoping to get $12k since the same bag is now on far fetch for a whooping $15k and the bag on far fetch is in way worse condition! Honestly this just made me never want to do business with Fashionphile.
Do not sell it. You can have boutique send it back to Paris to repaint if needed to freshen up the bag.
It’s better to enjoy it. You can not even buy Chanel small on $6k.

Do not sell it. You can have boutique send it back to Paris to repaint if needed to freshen up the bag.
It’s better to enjoy it. You can not even buy Chanel small on $6k.
Thank you for the response, if need be can Paris match the exact rested color? I definitely don’t use the bag as much because I am scared of wear and tear and Paris not being able to match the exact color for repairs.

Thank you for the response, if need be can Paris match the exact rested color? I definitely don’t use the bag as much because I am scared of wear and tear and Paris not being able to match the exact color for repairs.
They can match it. If I was in your place I would apt and take to your local Hermès store. Tell them you need it to be restored in the same color, etc.
I would use this time that we are mainly at home to get it fixed.
good luck

Reactions: Nerja

I honestly don't think a quote of 6k is that bad from FP for a birkin from 2007 that isn't pristine, never used, with stickers still on, etc. Fashionphile sells Birkins, Kellys, etc on the low side compared to other resellers/consignment/preloved stores (unless it's a brand new bag from this year or last year, an HSS, or an exotic).

If you bought it for 10k last July, they will probably list it for around the same amount, since it is an "older" bag and not brand new with stickers still on it. 6k is 60% of 10k if they list it for that, which is in range with what I expect from fashionphile and have experienced myself.

Farfetch is on the opposite end of FP in terms of prices. They price their preloved Chanel and Hermes bags very high, so that probably explains $15k for the same bag on Farfetch. If you bought it last year for $10k, it doesn't really make sense that the value would've increased 50% in a year.

But that's just my opinion, you of course do not have to accept the quote if you are not comfortable or happy with it! You will most likely be able to get a lot more for your bag if you sell it independently, instead of going through a place like FP where they get a large percentage of the sale.

JMO, I would not sell, you are taking a huge loss (40%), unless you need the money for something.