**Selling/consigning** with Fashionphile

In my opinion, FP undervalues most LV items, especially older styles that people still find collectible (like Cherry blossoms or multicolor). As a buyer this is great, not so much as a seller. That's why I get quotes from both FP and Yoogiscloset. My last batch of stuff went to Yoogis. It's very hit or miss with FP. I think they use an automated algorithm that looks at previous sales. They seem to run it by style name so some styles they are paying too much for and some too little. Especially if they search by the newer name of an item you are selling that is actually an older version.
Thanks for the input.

Another thing--I bought a Cartier cord bracelet in great condition a couple of months ago and they now have an identical one for a lot less on their site--same color, same listed condition. They sell these things quickly when they have them so why charge a good deal less now?

Reactions: Gabs007
I love working with Fashionphile-- the peace of mind is worth the price difference with ebay -- many times after you pay ebay fees and postage if you offer free shipping, the difference is not that great at all.

Selling on eBay, to me, has become much more difficult over the last few years.
Most of the time, you get “watchers” and that’s all you get.
Then add the fees and cost of PayPal and it usually works out to less than if you sold to FASHIONPHILE.

I’ve mostly had good luck selling on eBay, but sometimes, you have to keep relisting and dropping your price on your items.

Hi. I have sold many things to Fashionphile but all my items were presented to them in person. I am local so I made an appointment to sell my items there at the Carlsbad location. They look it over, give me a quote and a I’ll either accept their offer or not. If I accept they will cut me a check right there OR if I'm purchasing an item there i will take my payment as a store credit so I can earn an additional 10 percent off what they paid me.

I did do my very first online quote with them last week. I did not like their offer so I declined their offer. I do know if your item is not what the pictures you submit are or if the description is not accurate they do have the option to change the quote . So if you are upfront about all that is wrong or not wrong with the bag, the quote they give should be honored after they view the bag themselves.

Also they usually honor their quotes. Even if they overquote you my experience is that they still honor it. I sent a quote for a Gucci super mini marmont a long time ago and they quoted me way over retail. I was thinking they probably thought it was a mini size even though in my description it said supermini. Of course if sent my item and they still paid me that price.

Also they usually honor their quotes. Even if they overquote you my experience is that they still honor it. I sent a quote for a Gucci super mini marmont a long time ago and they quoted me way over retail. I was thinking they probably thought it was a mini size even though in my description it said supermini. Of course if sent my item and they still paid me that price.

Thank you! Gives me hope!

Reactions: Elleand3
Thank you! I posted up my bag and to me I feel like it’s still in excellent condition and almost new but I’m scared to them they won’t think so

View attachment 4647271View attachment 4647274View attachment 4647275View attachment 4647276View attachment 4647277

Hopefully it works out

Well Fashionphile will give you a quote. You may not LIKE the amount, but looking at your beauty they will want it for sure but may low ball you. I have sold items in person and got a fair amount on some while others it was ridiculous so I refused their offer. The quote I just got from days ago for my brand new 1 month old Boy in excellent condition was low balled big time! I was only going to sell it to buy a Boy Jacket version but forget it now. I'm keeping my Boy. I'll attached a snap shot of my Boy quote. My Boy is $5k. That is what I paid in Dec 2019. Brand new and this is what they offered Lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200122-170959_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200122-170959_Gallery.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,961
I’ve sold a number of items to fashionphile and they’ve always honored the initial online quote. There were even a couple times they paid a little more than the initial quote when they saw the items in person. On a side note, your bag is gorgeous and I’m sure they’ll want it

Reactions: newcalimommy