Fashionphile pricing question. Excellent condition vs New condition handbags.

Feb 28, 2016
Hi everyone =) hope some of you are familiar with selling and purchasing from Fashionphile. I bought a LV pochette accessoires Damier Ebene NM in new condition for 475$ no box just dust bag. Then another one was sold same thing but in Excellent condition for 495$.no box ,just dust bag. I called Fashionphile and said it's because the excellent condition one was a consignment item that's why the in excellent condition was more expensive then my new one. Does it makes sense? I thought all handbags on Fashionphile where all consignment items. Can anyone explain to me please?
Thanks!! =)

JadaStormy

Jan 23, 2012
houstatlantavegas
I thought all handbags on Fashionphile where all consignment items. Can anyone explain to me please?
Thanks!! =)
No, sellers have the option of direct buyout instead of consignment, so the one you bought probably cost FP less to acquire. When you submit an item, FP gives you two quotes, one for direct buyout and one for consignment. The buyout option gives the seller a lower price, but they get paid immediately. With consignment they have to wait until it has sold. HTH

Reactions: babygirlloveLV

DOVELV

Nov 17, 2013
Consignment means that the seller has to wait until the item sells to receive their money. When a seller accepts a "Buyout" they get the money right away...it's usually less money because FP is taking a chance that the item will sell. This completely normal. You were fortunate to get NEW condition for less money!

Feb 28, 2016
No, sellers have the option of direct buyout instead of consignment, so the one you bought probably cost FP less to acquire. When you submit an item, FP gives you two quotes, one for direct buyout and one for consignment. The buyout option gives the seller a lower price, but they get paid immediately. With consignment they have to wait until it has sold. HTH
Thank you for explaining to me. =)

Feb 28, 2016
Consignment means that the seller has to wait until the item sells to receive their money. When a seller accepts a "Buyout" they get the money right away...it's usually less money because FP is taking a chance that the item will sell. This completely normal. You were fortunate to get NEW condition for less money!
Thank you for your help. =)