Fashionphile photos

Does anyone know why fashionphile has stopped photographing the bags modeled on a mannequin (for the most part). I find this HIGHLY annoying and am unlikely to buy any bag that I don't see modeled. Is it COVID-related, laziness-related, something else?
Don't have a clue, but I'm in total agreement with you on this issue.
It's hard to really judge a bag without the mannequin.

I agree! I don’t know what’s up with Fashionphile- but I have shopped and sold to them for years, including through the pandemic. The last two weeks they haven’t gotten back to me about quotes, the shipped a bag late, and they didn’t send me confirmation that the bag I sent was received for almost a week, of though it got to them. I’ve also noticed the changes in the pictures. Like I said, I totally understand these are hard times, but I bought and sold bags all through the last few months and everything was as smooth as ever.
I wonder if the company is changing things???

Reactions: 880 and RT1
I agree! I don’t know what’s up with Fashionphile- but I have shopped and sold to them for years, including through the pandemic. The last two weeks they haven’t gotten back to me about quotes, the shipped a bag late, and they didn’t send me confirmation that the bag I sent was received for almost a week, of though it got to them. I’ve also noticed the changes in the pictures. Like I said, I totally understand these are hard times, but I bought and sold bags all through the last few months and everything was as smooth as ever.
I wonder if the company is changing things???
I know they just raised their Series B, so they must have been busy trying to secure that funding and now have to answer to new investors who will probably want to make changes.
“This funding will drive operational and geographic scale, further expanding their omnichannel footprint and opening regional fulfillment centers both domestically and abroad. The funding will also drive advancement across FASHIONPHILE's suite of proprietary technologies with a focus on enhanced automation and artificial intelligence including patent pending visual recognition technology.”
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...ies-b-funding-led-by-newspring-301120497.html

I’m so glad to see others are as irritated as I am with the lack of mannequin photos....they say those pics will be back? How is this ‘rona related? It isn’t like a real person holding it and they have to touch the bag when taking all the other photos...searching for previous bags should not be the solution, it isn’t always apples to apples!!!

I’m so glad to see others are as irritated as I am with the lack of mannequin photos....they say those pics will be back? How is this ‘rona related? It isn’t like a real person holding it and they have to touch the bag when taking all the other photos...searching for previous bags should not be the solution, it isn’t always apples to apples!!!
I talked to them on the phone and they say that it is 'rona related (I believe probably due to social distancing, people working from home). They told me that any bags that I wanted a mannequin photo of, I could contact them and they would take one and send it to me.

Ann’s Fabulous Finds and Yoogi’s Closet have managed to continue to use mannequins. Word to FP: I looked on Yoogi’s to see if they had a particular bag in order to see how it looked on their mannequin. Not only did they have the bag it was cheaper. Bought the bag from Yoogi’s.

FP has also been extremely slow on getting people quotes when they're trying to sell their bags - there is another thread on this. They advertise 1-2 business days for quotes but so many members including me are attesting it's been more than a week and we're still waiting, and in some cases we've already sold our items to other places!

• Love
Reactions: RT1
Not defending them at all (see above post), but you do have to consider that these three companies are HQ'ed in different cities, so they're dealing with different regulations and severities of the pandemic right now. AFF is in Michigan, Yoogi's is in Seattle, WA and Fashionphile is in Carlsbad, CA.
Ann’s Fabulous Finds and Yoogi’s Closet have managed to continue to use mannequins. Word to FP: I looked on Yoogi’s to see if they had a particular bag in order to see how it looked on their mannequin. Not only did they have the bag it was cheaper. Bought the bag from Yoogi’s.

I do the same. Look up the bag on Yoogis to see a size comparison on the mannequin. Even though FP lists the measurements, I always imagine the size differently in my mind. Guess that’s why I’m terrible at sewing

• Love
Reactions: RT1, 1LV and Weknow
FYI....I've had really good luck lately if I give FP a day or so and then send them a message asking "how they are coming along on my quote."
Poof, almost within minutes, they respond with the quotes.
This has happened to me twice within the past week or so.
It is definitely worth a try rather than just wait in suspense. :cursing: