**Selling/consigning** with Fashionphile

I tried to get a quote for a brand new sold out Chanel flap, I just don’t like the medium size and figured that out too late - and it was a sought after item that I know will be listed at several grand over retail, esp as they have minis and WOCs $2-3k over retail, and they offered me almost half of retail to buy it. I almost laughed. I couldn’t decide if they thought it was the mini size even tho I clearly stated it was a medium flap? Needless to say I declined the offer. Their offer for my (no longer with me) Kelly and Evelyne were outrageously low. I did much better elsewhere. I don’t think they’re doing very well at pricing lately and I don’t know if it’s a NM issue or not but they’re all over the map. About 50-60% of the time the quotes are so low it’s not worth it. It used to only be about a 20-30% rate of that.

Reactions: rosewang924
You have to think of it this way. Fashionphile has free delivery and free returns. They pay for someone to photograph and upload the bags to the site, manage the shipping and the billing, rent the building, and pay employees. So they have to make a profit off of each bag. People use Fashionphile because they do all the work and have a higher chance of selling a bag for a higher price than if you were to try to sell it on your own, prove that you are reputable, that your bag is authentic, and deal with scam artists. They also pay immediately instead of making you wait until the bag sells, or lower the price without telling you.

I wonder if it’s really the margin? It seems like prices are higher, but the buy back is still a decent amount (75+ % of higher the sooner you sell it back plus 10% if you choose FP store credit). So perhaps they are discouraging people from buying the bags and keeping them for good vs constantly purchasing and using their buy back program, turning around the products constantly within their inventory. Essentially like renting the bags.

I sold my neverfull gm to them in 2018. I purchased the purse in 2011 or so in France so I basically broke even.
It was super easy. I just sent them photos and shipped the item out after they gave me a quote. I think I remember getting paid pretty quickly as well

Hi all! I submitted my brand new Chanel 19 in beige medium/large and was quoted 5100 from fashionphile a few weeks ago before announcement of the price increase. Do I wait for the quote to expire to see if I get a better quote after the price increase coming or take this offer? I feel 5100 is actually pretty good.. any thoughts appreciated!

Well Fashionphile will give you a quote. You may not LIKE the amount, but looking at your beauty they will want it for sure but may low ball you. I have sold items in person and got a fair amount on some while others it was ridiculous so I refused their offer. The quote I just got from days ago for my brand new 1 month old Boy in excellent condition was low balled big time! I was only going to sell it to buy a Boy Jacket version but forget it now. I'm keeping my Boy. I'll attached a snap shot of my Boy quote. My Boy is $5k. That is what I paid in Dec 2019. Brand new and this is what they offered Lol
Well Fashionphile will give you a quote. You may not LIKE the amount, but looking at your beauty they will want it for sure but may low ball you. I have sold items in person and got a fair amount on some while others it was ridiculous so I refused their offer. The quote I just got from days ago for my brand new 1 month old Boy in excellent condition was low balled big time! I was only going to sell it to buy a Boy Jacket version but forget it now. I'm keeping my Boy. I'll attached a snap shot of my Boy quote. My Boy is $5k. That is what I paid in Dec 2019. Brand new and this is what they offered Lol
Is this lambskin?

Hi all! I submitted my brand new Chanel 19 in beige medium/large and was quoted 5100 from fashionphile a few weeks ago before announcement of the price increase. Do I wait for the quote to expire to see if I get a better quote after the price increase coming or take this offer? I feel 5100 is actually pretty good.. any thoughts appreciated!

What size 19 is it? I feel $5100 is pretty good. I have a black one, purchased in Nov 2019, in the size large (boutique calls it medium) and paid $5100 plus tax for it. When designers raise their prices I find that Fashionphile does as well, if it is a item that many want, which the 19 is. I did the same thing you did. I got a quote from Fashionphile at a certain amount. I declined. Came back about 3 months later and they gave me an offer for LESS! I hate for you to miss that good quote. How about counter offer. See if they will accept it.

Surprisingly I got very good buyouts recently. They offer me 3800$ for mini coco handle I am thrilled. They offered me 2800 for mini statement flap as well

I also got a really good buyout price for a Chanel Mini WOC (realised that it didn't fit into my life style the way that I thought when I picked it up) they offered me full current retail ($2,200) for it when I purchased for $2,100 last September. Needless to say I took the offer.

Also seconding (fifth'ing?) that Yoogi's quotes are not great, for the same product they offered me $1,400. With all this said, this was technically an SLG so I'm not sure if my experience really stacks up to everyone else's. (note for reference: my quotes from Yoogi's and Fashionphile came in the middle of last week)

What size 19 is it? I feel $5100 is pretty good. I have a black one, purchased in Nov 2019, in the size large (boutique calls it medium) and paid $5100 plus tax for it. When designers raise their prices I find that Fashionphile does as well, if it is a item that many want, which the 19 is. I did the same thing you did. I got a quote from Fashionphile at a certain amount. I declined. Came back about 3 months later and they gave me an offer for LESS! I hate for you to miss that good quote. How about counter offer. See if they will accept it.
Wowwww! No way! Thanks for your story. Yes I also paid 5100 plus tax. You’ve made me decide to take the offer. I don’t want to risk getting a lower offer. Just thought maybe since they were raising prices to 5600 I could maybe makeup some of the tax but it’s not worth risking even less!