Fashionphile is offering a low ball to sell sky high price. It's a greed? or Just the way they do business?

RataDrawitra

Oct 30, 2015
HI Guys,

I submitted a like-new condition mini reissue 28xxxxxx FUL SET for a quote. I received an offer buy out $2,300 ( They are selling on the site base on the same bag, same condition $4,750 )

Meanwhile, Opulent Habits offered me buy out of $3,000 for the same bag

Guys just sharing my experience.

Best

Reactions: lovieluvslux

Panlove

Sep 24, 2019
Yes definitely low offers. I’ve found they consistently make really low offers. I’ve heard others have had better luck but I haven’t found that. I just submitted a 2020 Deauville brand new, never used, card, stickers attached still. Offer was $1700. They had the same bag in same condition for $4295 and $3900 a couple of weeks ago. I suppose the have a lot of overhead so their profit margin has to be signficant.

Reactions: handbagcrunch

handbagcrunch

Oct 16, 2018
HI Guys,

I submitted a like-new condition mini reissue 28xxxxxx FUL SET for a quote. I received an offer buy out $2,300 ( They are selling on the site base on the same bag, same condition $4,750 )

Meanwhile, Opulent Habits offered me buy out of $3,000 for the same bag

Guys just sharing my experience.

Best
What color was your mini reissue? For my black 19K mini reissue they offered me $2850 just a few weeks ago.

Apr 13, 2015
Why are you selling a bag after just buying it? You’re not going to make a profit selling through an online reseller, you won’t even break even, you’re lucky if you get 50-60% back. They need to make a profit. What you get is piece of mind that you get the money upfront as reputable companies like fashionphile will typically honor their quote unless the seller was dishonest about condition.

RataDrawitra

Oct 30, 2015
Why are you selling a bag after just buying it? You’re not going to make a profit selling through an online reseller, you won’t even break even, you’re lucky if you get 50-60% back. They need to make a profit. What you get is piece of mind that you get the money upfront as reputable companies like fashionphile will typically honor their quote unless the seller was dishonest about condition.
I bought and then did sell it later on whatever reasons it doesn't matter. I never wanted to make money or even make break even for selling to Fashionphile. I have been selling with them for years , just recently they are giving Buy out offers very low compare to the past that I used to satisfy. I just declined their offers and went to others reseller. I even do consignment with Ann Fab Find who is the best IMO. Thank you for your input and I am always honest describing the conditions.

phishfan

Dec 27, 2010
It’s a shame because members of TPF used to always have good things to say about Fashionphile and really helped evangelize the brand. There are probably lots of reasons for lower quotes these days — my suspicion is top-down pressure to improve margins (this is not surprising considering the partnership with NM and that many of their senior employees come from Nordstrom - a quick LinkedIn search can confirm that).

RT1

O.G.
Sep 8, 2006
Texas
It’s a shame because members of TPF used to always have good things to say about Fashionphile and really helped evangelize the brand. There are probably lots of reasons for lower quotes these days — my suspicion is top-down pressure to improve margins (this is not surprising considering the partnership with NM and that many of their senior employees come from Nordstrom - a quick LinkedIn search can confirm that).
This is probably the No. 1 reason right here!