Fashionphile Finds Club

Just snatched this baby up! Not perfect but a great deal, and I'm hoping I can clean her up a bit. On the bright side, I won't have to baby her!

https://outlet.fashionphile.com/louis-vuitton-monogram-montsouris-mm-backpack-267229

louis-vuitton-monogram-montsouris-mm-backpack-00.jpg
great find. i much prefer this montsourris to the new one. it needs the leather bottom for style and durability. don't know why they eliminated that in the new version. hubby and i each have these , bought preloved, for travel. it's so great to find them with patina so they are really worry free. the one thing i wish the mm had was the leather grab handle that the pm had. instead they have the brass ring which i find less comfortable to grab. either way, it's a great bag and one i think you will enjoy having. congrats!

Reactions: MsSmallHands
great find. i much prefer this montsourris to the new one. it needs the leather bottom for style and durability. don't know why they eliminated that in the new version. hubby and i each have these , bought preloved, for travel. it's so great to find them with patina so they are really worry free. the one thing i wish the mm had was the leather grab handle that the pm had. instead they have the brass ring which i find less comfortable to grab. either way, it's a great bag and one i think you will enjoy having. congrats!

thanks so much for your reply! I totally agree, I think these older Montsouris are perfect and I don't know why LV changed them at all. They are so pretty when the vachetta ages. I really was wanting a GM after watching hey june's videos where she said to go for that over MM, but this was such a good price for the condition, I didn't want to pass it up. Most I've seen on eBay are more expensive and in pretty rough shape.

Both you and your husband use your MM for travel rather than a GM? Does it hold a lot? That's awesome to know because maybe I will be perfectly happy with this size. I am about 5'3'' so I definitely think this will be more flattering on me and versatile for every day, shopping, errands, and travel. Thanks so much for weighing in this is very helpful to me!

thanks so much for your reply! I totally agree, I think these older Montsouris are perfect and I don't know why LV changed them at all. They are so pretty when the vachetta ages. I really was wanting a GM after watching hey june's videos where she said to go for that over MM, but this was such a good price for the condition, I didn't want to pass it up. Most I've seen on eBay are more expensive and in pretty rough shape.

Both you and your husband use your MM for travel rather than a GM? Does it hold a lot? That's awesome to know because maybe I will be perfectly happy with this size. I am about 5'3'' so I definitely think this will be more flattering on me and versatile for every day, shopping, errands, and travel. Thanks so much for weighing in this is very helpful to me!
it does hold a lot. i find that lv backpacks hold more than you would expect. i would not use the mm as my main travel bag tho, more for under the seat in front of me or for day trips. the gm does hold more and the gm has the fabric straps which are probably more comfortable for the biggest size. i think given your height, the mm should be great and definitely more convenient for daily use. let us know how you like it once you give it a try : ) ps i also picked up the little pm on a trip to nyc. i found it in a resale shop in soho and it was so adorable i had to have it. that one is tiny but so cute and if you find one, it is waaayyyy less than the new lv mini backpacks and definitely adorable so keep a lookout : )

Reactions: sparksflyy
it does hold a lot. i find that lv backpacks hold more than you would expect. i would not use the mm as my main travel bag tho, more for under the seat in front of me or for day trips. the gm does hold more and the gm has the fabric straps which are probably more comfortable for the biggest size. i think given your height, the mm should be great and definitely more convenient for daily use. let us know how you like it once you give it a try : ) ps i also picked up the little pm on a trip to nyc. i found it in a resale shop in soho and it was so adorable i had to have it. that one is tiny but so cute and if you find one, it is waaayyyy less than the new lv mini backpacks and definitely adorable so keep a lookout : )

it's funny you say that, there is a local consignment boutique here where I got my Saumur and they have a mini in the store and its SO cute! They want way too much for it, though :tdown: Will definitely keep my eyes for one, though!

will definitely post pics once she arrives!

it's funny you say that, there is a local consignment boutique here where I got my Saumur and they have a mini in the store and its SO cute! They want way too much for it, though :tdown: Will definitely keep my eyes for one, though!

will definitely post pics once she arrives!
i love the little one. and that leather grab handle on it just makes it that much nicer. i got one and my son's gf loved it so much we found one for her too : ) these older montsouris backpacks can def be found on the preloved market. prices seem to be all over the place on them. hidden treasures they are : )

Reactions: sparksflyy
Anyone else feel like people are majorly hating on FP? [emoji22]
Yes, but maybe it's for good reason. A coworker recently got a bag from them and had it Authenticated and is was not the real deal. She sent it back and they deduced 10%, WTH.

If I hadn't seen it for myself, I wouldn't have believed it.
So go figure [emoji15]

If it's not brought from the LV stores nowadays, it's a risk. [emoji33]

Reactions: Sunshine mama
Yes, but maybe it's for good reason. A coworker recently got a bag from them and had it Authenticated and is was not the real deal. She sent it back and they deduced 10%, WTH.

If I hadn't seen it for myself, I wouldn't have believed it.
So go figure [emoji15]

If it's not brought from the LV stores nowadays, it's a risk. [emoji33]
Yikes! Why 10% - I thought returns were free for them? Unless it was outside the return period maybe. 10% is a lot considering the cost of these bags. I would be pissed :annoyed:

Yikes! Why 10% - I thought returns were free for them? Unless it was outside the return period maybe. 10% is a lot considering the cost of these bags. I would be pissed :annoyed:
She must have bought it on layaway, they will take 10% if you return a layaway item.
But, if they sold you a FAKE, they should return 100% of your money back! And send you a coupon code for your next purchase!!!

She must have bought it on layaway, they will take 10% if you return a layaway item.
But, if they sold you a FAKE, they should return 100% of your money back! And send you a coupon code for your next purchase!!!

Right. I’m wondering was the authentication legit.

i.e. from the brand itself vs a random internet person authenticating from photos

She told me that now they have to have a third party inspect the item and will follow up with her. Too much go through if you ask me.

That seems pretty reasonable to me. Else they can have people buying & using bags, then just claiming fake to get free use out of it. (Not to imply in any way that your colleague would do that, but there are a bunch of stories on here of eBay buyers doing just that to get their money back, and cheat the seller) Plus I’m sure they want to double check before deciding to trash it vs selling it again.