Fashionphile Ebay Auctions

pecandanish

Jan 11, 2010
I don't know if this is the place to put this thread or if this has been noticed before, but I have been watching a few Louis Vuitton items from fashionphile and noticed that items with bids have bidders with 0 feedback constantly placing bids on items to push the price over the reserve. I don't know what this is called but I remember ebay saying they were going to crack down on this behavior.

4/5 of the items I was looking at have various users with 0 feedback bidding on these items multiple times even when no one else outbid them until the item price has reached the reserve price.

For instance this MC wallet, log into your account and click to see who bid on the item.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...61409&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_fvi=1&_rdc=1

Notice how "TE" has kept increasing the price even though no one else has outbid them?

Something fishy going on with this company.:thinking:

I noticed this with alt radio too, sometimes I see items they sold multiple times being relisted after it was "sold".

As an ebay seller myself, I would never do this with my auctions, even if that means getting a lower price.

I guess this is how those ebay resale shops manage to get more money for pre used bags than if we sell them ourselves, but I don't like it.

If we ourselves did this with our own auctions, wouldn't this be like cheating our customers?

Last edited:
^hmm, I happen to know that a fellow tpf'er is bidding on one, and probably have 0 feedback too. I don't know which one though. Just a thought.

Last edited:
It's not just the 0 feedback, it's how many times that user bid on the item despite not being outbid. Not like once or twice but they bid like 10 times in a row and before that 6 times.

Who would purposely bid more money 10 times dispute no on else even coming close to challenging their bid?
That's why it's fishy.

Maybe this t***e kept bidding hoping that the reserve has been met?

As for relisting an item after it's been sold, I've noticed several other sellers doing the same. When I asked them about it, they would say that the winner backed out.

This practice (shill bidding (?)) is not permitted on ebay but I'm sure rules get broken or re-interpreted by some sellers.

As for relisting an item after it's been sold, I've noticed several other sellers doing the same. When I asked them about it, they would say that the winner backed out.
Alt radio has a cherry blossom that they have sold at least 6 times and it's still listed for sale.

I'm not saying that it's definitely something wrong going on, but it seems sketchy.

It does sound fishy then. Have you asked them about it? Fashionpile is a reseller/consignment store after all.
I haven't because it's in pretty poor condition and I wasn't looking to buy it.

I just relooked and it's been sold or removed, it's not coming up on my search query anymore.

I guess because of the condition, people kept backing out at the last minute.

Last edited:
I only notice that their buy it now prices are too high, and their reserve is always very very close to the buy it now, many many items do not sell. I am more upset with them for no longer watermarking their photographs, I have seen atleast three auctions by people using fashionphile photos, they need to help protect buyers by watermarking, actually all sellers need to watermark, that is a whole other subject!!