Fashionphile does it again!

Congrats on your purchase, hope it turns out well!

I was thinking about this, and you know what bothers me? They're being deceptive. They are selling used goods for more than retail, because they know that people assume that they're getting something for LESS than retail when they buy used. They ignore those of us who know the pricing, and prey on those who don't, and trust that they're saving money buying pre-loved.

THAT is deceptive selling...and if they stoop to deceptive selling with price inflation and bad descriptions..well, who knows what else they might stoop to to make a buck?

Well my cabas Antigua just arrived. It's not as "white" as it looked online. It's more of a cream color. Everything else looks just like they described. I got lucky this time. Reveal coming soon!!

Well, I've emailed them twice about the cigarette case that they have incorrectly listed, and are selling for almost double the LV price...here's the response I got..

"Thank you very much for the information. I will forward this to the buyer."

What does that mean? Someone poor person paid $375 for that thing???? And they're going to forward them the information???

Well, I've emailed them twice about the cigarette case that they have incorrectly listed, and are selling for almost double the LV price...here's the response I got..

"Thank you very much for the information. I will forward this to the buyer."

What does that mean? Someone poor person paid $375 for that thing???? And they're going to forward them the information???

This is really upsetting. They used to be great...... One thing I did read, however, is that a seller can demand the price they want and that may affect the listing. Don't know for sure if that is actually true, but, I would think a consigner would be leery of offering something at an inflated price because in most cases it wouldn't sell. If it were a LE or Runway piece, that's understandable, but a current, on line available, item....NO way!

Yeah, I just spoke with them and they said you can ask them to try to sell it for a price you would like (on consignment), HOWEVER, if the price you want is unrealistic they will say no.

Regarding the cigarette case: They were calling "the buyer" the person who was quoting me on what they would offer me for my bags on consignment. They are the ones who do the research and "buy" the bags from the consigners. So I think they mean they will bring it to their attention, not the attention of the person buying the cigarette case from them.

Ugh. I think buying from them is out of the question. I am curious to see what they end up offering me for my pieces. I submitted the same bag info to Yoogi's and Fashionphile...curious to see what they offer!

I submitted a couple things the other day, and was shocked at how much they offered. They offered almost $900 consignment on my stresa pm (not bad, I had it listed for 1100- it's no longer for sale)- but if they were going to give me almost $900, I wonder what their price would have been???

They also offered my $95 for a bracelet that I sold on Bonz for $120..so their offers were really good!

I guess that's the benefit to dealing with a website that super inflates their prices..lol

Wow, those are really good offers, IF you get paid.

If you haven't, read sgj99's post, #33 in this thread. I'd rather consign with someone who might pay a bit less but has an outstanding business reputation. Hers isn't the first post I've read about them sometimes being slow to pay.

Did they change ownership? They sure have tumbled downhill fast.

i finally did get my check in the mail, but it was real slow ... and i'm a pretty patient person. i felt like i had to pester them with several e-mails before i got a response.

so, i had one last bag to sell and did it through Yoogi's Closet. My check was in my hand within about week-week and half of the bag selling. I definitely will do all my selling with Yoogi's from now on.

i finally did get my check in the mail, but it was real slow ... and i'm a pretty patient person. i felt like i had to pester them with several e-mails before i got a response.

so, i had one last bag to sell and did it through Yoogi's Closet. My check was in my hand within about week-week and half of the bag selling. I definitely will do all my selling with Yoogi's from now on.

Yoogi's is very dependable and FAST!!!