Fashionable...

Just to be clear, I think we were all calling $1,000,000 rims silly and outrageous. Personally, I think we would all react the same way to a million dollar purse (which I would only find accetable if it had like $997,000 inside of it)

But what does everyone think about the upscale rims that are purchased everyday by car enthusiasts? These rims cost anywhere from $1000 - $50,000.

I'm sorta undecided because I am not much of a car person - I hate spending any money on my car for repairs or even gas. I do think it's silly when people spend more than $100,000 on the car itself. And over $1000 for something that is on the wheels just seems odd to me. But then again, I am thoroughly entertained by "Pimp My Ride" and can totally get into the custom enhancements they make on the car interior. I would definitely spend that kind of money on a custom car interior, or amazing stereo system. No TV screens, though, I'm a bad enough driver as it is.

I could see paying $100,000+ on the actual car, but not more than that on some rims lol. People should just do what makes them happy though, if I had a $1,000,000 bag I'd rock it out :biggrin: I don't think the skin rims are practical though, can't go on in the rain etc. Don't look like they'd last more than a week in bad weather, they'd probably stay on but they'd get dirty.

Noriko said:
I could see paying $100,000+ on the actual car, but not more than that on some rims lol. People should just do what makes them happy though, if I had a $1,000,000 bag I'd rock it out :biggrin: I don't think the skin rims are practical though, can't go on in the rain etc. Don't look like they'd last more than a week in bad weather, they'd probably stay on but they'd get dirty.

I think, in general, something exposed to the road is gonna take quite the beating. I don't know much about the maintenance of rims, but I would be afraid to drive with expensive tire accessories.

That's what I love about handbags, though, you can control where you take them and store them. I treat my bags like precious babies, and I always make sure I have a cute $20 to take to dive bars - cause I don't know what I would do if someone spilt a drink on one of my favorite bags.

As far as $100,000+ cars go, I don't get it - but go for it if you can. Give me a top of the line Audi and I'm happy - and I'll have enough money left over from the 100 grand to get some nice bags.

chemlex said:
I think, in general, something exposed to the road is gonna take quite the beating. I don't know much about the maintenance of rims, but I would be afraid to drive with expensive tire accessories.

That's what I love about handbags, though, you can control where you take them and store them. I treat my bags like precious babies, and I always make sure I have a cute $20 to take to dive bars - cause I don't know what I would do if someone spilt a drink on one of my favorite bags.

As far as $100,000+ cars go, I don't get it - but go for it if you can. Give me a top of the line Audi and I'm happy - and I'll have enough money left over from the 100 grand to get some nice bags.
It is always a matter of perspective. If you have 100 large laying around, sure you would be silly to blow it all on one horse. Buy yourself a sporty 50k 4-wheeler, a dozen bags and do the trip to Australia you've always wanted to do.

If you have 10 mil laying around, you can get that $200k super sports car that, a hundred bags and you can travel the world... 40 times?

I know I'm not telling you anything you don't know, I just felt like putting things into relative perspective. I'm sure there is a clientele that does indeed dish out a million for bling like this, and don't really care if they'll get beaten up driving them through the streets.

Vlad said:
Oh I got plenty of fetishes. Clothes not so much, but I do have an appreciation for nice bags (Megs did it to me). Personally, I dig expensive technology and bikes. I spent over $3,500 on a mountain bike last year, go figure. :biggrin:

Forgive me if I think that 1 million dollah dubs are farkin' stupid. :wacko:

That must be some bike! I don't ride but have seen some my brother in law has purchased! I think thats a good fetish.

I posted that spending $1000,000 on rims was "silly". Somewhere we all have our have boundaries. To me, spending that much on a purse would be just as silly. That's all I meant.

Noriko said:

Agreed ! There are some cars which are over that 100k mark and are totally worth it.. like the SLR MacLaren sitting on my friend's neighbour's driveway. I had to resist the urge to press my face on the glass and look inside (I'd probably get shot for even getting within 3 feet of that car !!).

chemlex said:

The point I was trying to make is that to me skin is a lot more fragile than say something like alloy which wouldn't really absorb water. I can't imagine hitting the curb with those ostrich rims either:amazed: :Push: