Fashionable, functional crossbody for family vacation

chavezslp

O.G.
Jan 6, 2010
I am looking for an inexpensive but fashionable crossbody for our upcoming vacation (Disney, Legoland, the beach). I am not looking for designer but looking for something that looks nice but will still be very functional. My current carry one bag is a Sherpani. I also have a REI crossbody that I have used on Disney trips before but it looks so bulky in pix.... I picked up a cute lesportsac kasey in daisy duo print that seems perfect but the print would clash with a lot of my clothing. Should I get one in a more neutral print like black or gray?? I know bagalinnis and vera bradley hipsters are popular on the disboards. The bagallini is similar to my rei bag and I think I would rather have a lesportsac over a BV hipster. I would really like to stay under 50.00. I also considered the dooney and bourke 3 zipper crossbody but despite very positive reviews, it appears to be too small and not waterproof. Any suggestions???

I got a cute one at the nine west outlet for about $20 a few weeks ago:

IMG_20110510_143653.jpg

There is an internal zip and a front pocket. It fit a small wristlet, small wallet, cell phone, my huge keys and a few other miscellaneous items. Definitely worth a visit to nine west.

There were a few colors, and this was a champagne grey.

It seems like you want/need something waterproof, but I'd like to point out that vinyl/pvc or something waterproof is likely to feel hot against your body.

TJMaxx or Marshalls might have what you're looking for. They usually have a good selection of cross-bodies in the price range you indicated.

chavezslp I have a LeSportsac Kasey in the Rockstar Mini sequin and I just love it- the Kasey is a great shape and holds quite a lot for a little bag. Have you considered a Kasey in the pearl lightning color? I've seen it in person at Macy's and it's a really gorgeous neutral taupe/beige color with a hint of shine.

Baggallini has a lot of different styles! I got one for my Disney trip last year and it worked great. They come in great colors - mine was olive with orange stitching. I think they are made of nylon so they're lightweight - have lots of pockets, very functional and I think they are cute, too.

LeSportSac or Kipling would be my recommendations. For travelling, nothing beats them in terms of lightness and durability. Especially if you're going to a place like a beach where you expect to get wet a bit, it's better if you skip leather bags.