Books & Music fashion-related fiction books

sadiarmg

i <3 MJtreesjeRM
May 7, 2008
I just finished reading Isabel Wolff's A Vintage Affair, which btw is a great read. I want to read more books like that. What was great about 'A Vintage Affair' is that it had more substance than Shopaholic series and 'Devil Wears Prada.' Aside from those books, are there fashion-related fiction books out there that you guys can recommend? Thanks!

I LOVE the Shopaholic series when I need a nobrainer read. LOVE them!!

I have had The Devil Wears Prada now for ages, but have not read it. I am sure I will love it, but I keep going to the library to get new books, and forget about the ones at home. Ooops!!

sadiarmg said:
Aside from those books, are there fashion-related fiction books out there that you guys can recommend? Thanks!

One of my favorite fashion-related series is the "Crime of Fashion" mysteries by Ellen Byerrum.

The main character, Lacey Smithsonian, writes a fashion column for the Washington D.C. "Eye Street Observer" newspaper. Lacey also has a fondness for vintage clothing :smile:

There were two Lifetime movies that aired back in 2009 based on the first two books- Killer Hair and Hostile Makeover. The books are MUCH better than the movies.