Fashion East to West and Snarky Comments (your opinions please?)

She sounds insecure.

Who cares what a fashion victim thinks about your clothing. Her opinion doesn't mean anything, it's not like her comments have any validity.

If you thought your outfit was great when you walked out the door, remind yourself that you look great! :flowers:

I get weird stares all the time. I'm in a pretty conservative area. I get comments from my friends sometimes, but we all realize that I do not always subscribe to their preppy style. I get validation from my clothes at Fashion Week or people who work in the industry. Their opinion matters to me, not the people with their mass market styles.

I agree with everything that has been posted: you should continue to wear what makes you feel good! I definitely know what you're talking about: I shop in NYC and live in Germany...... and by Germany I don't mean Berlin or Munich, but a fairly small town... people give me funny looks all the time too... gotta learn to live with it!

Anyway, what I do wanna add: I don't know what kind of a company you work for, but if you deal with clients often and if they are, um, let's just say locals, you just might wanna consider to dress down a bit, just so you don't *scare off* future clients. Again, this might not be a concern at all, depending on where you work!

Just let it roll off with the knowledge that you look waaay better than them! ;)

I have this issue at my University right now. I may live just outside of Charlotte, so I have access to anything I could ever want fashion wise, but my school is in SC, lol. These girls wear nothing but Crocs, too small jeans, sorority shirts, and *shudder* Vera Bradley bags. After 4 years, I'm used to getting the looks :rolleyes: Luckily there are a few well dressed people (I've seen, haven't met) at my school to balance things out!