Fashion Advice Needed...Can I bring a Cerf bag to a nice dinner?

kianat, is it going to be your first Chanel? If it is then I do recommend you to go for something more classic (the GST in this case). To me, the GST is more casual while the Cerf tote is more professional. I wouldn't wear anyone of them to a NICE dinner (by which I mean business casual attire b/c those occasions are reserved for clutches and smaller classic flaps). But as you were refering too REGULAR dinner (meaning you can wear jeans to those events then a cerf tote would be a lovely choice). If I ever have to choose between those two, I would definitely go for the GST.

I think the GST is more versatile. I agree that a smaller bag is more appropriate for a nice dinner, but sometime I go directly from work to dinner, and my GST makes the transition very well. If I'm going directly to a nice dinner from home I would bring my clutch or EW flap.

If it's a business dinner, I would bring it. Otherwise, such a large, professional-looking bag would seem out of place. If you're looking for a truly flexible bag that's appropriate for myriad occasions, I would go with a medium classic flap.