fashion 2013 resolutions/trends & personal wardrobe goals....

ladysarah

O.G.
Jul 17, 2008
Would love to hear about everyone's 2013 fashion resolutions, predictions and personal wardrobe goals....
Helps to clarify things doesn't it....

Mine at the moment:

1. Ethical fashion.research thoroughly the brands/shops I buy from. If I feel they treat animals, the environment or their employees poorly, I move on. after all its only a reflection of how they are bound to treat their customers...

2. More comfortable, cool shoes. Buy shoes that look and feel amazing no more squished toes.

3. Better 'lounging' clothes, stylish and comfortable! I found this http://www.hush-uk.com which has some sexy ensembles.... I lounge a lot more Than I go out so I need to invest in those more.

4.hone down my style so I actually have clothes for any eventuality that look good. ( that's a tough one and requires self reflection)

5. Another fabulous bag to 'upgrade' my daily outfits.

6 seasonal clear out- edit edit edit, donate to oxfam and move on. Creating a 'perfect' wardrobe is work in progress.

7. More cashmere, linen and silk. No crap.:graucho: itchy clothes.

8. Enough yoga clothes for my regular yoga.... It improves posture so all my clothes look better.

9. Some cashmere socks!

10. ??

More classic pieces, less trendy.

Save and buy what I really want, those investment pieces rather than buying the cheap alternative and settling for instant gratification.

A MEMO TO MYSELF:

1) Stick to/ Buy what I know and love - DKNY pure, Jigsaw clothes, Day Birger et Mikkelson (instead of endlessly wasting time trying on clothes from other stores that inevitably dont suit me/ fit etc) DKNY PURE clothes are my absolute favourite for lounging and you know Jigsaw is brilliant for work attire.

2. Shop my wardrobe - you have lots of lovely clothes and loads of accessories to mix and match. Use your closet cataloging iphone app to style outfits and then WEAR THEM!

3. Instead of the annual painful search for a pair of boots next winter - Just buy a pair of suede over the knee Stuart Weitzman boots already and be done with it! You have the nappa leather, you wear them all the time and you KNOW the brown suede will be just as lovely.

4. Lose a bit of weight and then rediscover the lovely clothes that dont fit you at the moment.

5. Reduce the amount of time you spend on the internet (blogs, forums etc) lusting after clothes /the next 'must have' item you know doesn't fit your lifestyle/ is too expensive.

6. You dont need any more coats!!

I'm sure I'll be writing a similar memo to myself this time next year :roflmfao:

On a CL Ban is my first one when too wild last yea and trying to save

Build more classic items in wardrobe

Focus on accessories to completely change an outfit

Take more pics of my outfits for blog

Change bags more I have so many and never change them over lol

1) I would like to purchase clothing that I can see myself wearing more than 10 times, (goodbye to .47 cent shirts that I want to buy just because it's .47 cents!). I would have to take into consideration: Style, quality and longevity and of course price So that goes to say, goodbye Old Navy.

2)I should rotate my bags more. I have quite a number of purses (well, not like most of you), but I'm too lazy to change purses...

3)I will only buy good fitting bras. Goodbye Victoria's secret.

4) I will dig through my closet before I say, "I don't have this or that"

5) I will save up for a pair of significant shoes: CL, JC or Valentino. I'm leaning towards a Valentino :smile:

1. Stay within my clothing budget, which is greatly reduced this year. (General living expenses increased.)
2. Stick to natural fibers: wool, cashmere, silk, cotton, linen.

I am going to try very hard to make do with what is already in my wardrobe, and save my money for investment pieces.

I possibly make the same every year but here goes:

1) Wear what I have already including all those gorgeous hats

2) Repair what needs repairing and find a new trustworthy dry cleaners

3) Buy lots more black socks of all lengths (where to they go?)

4) Buy pure cotton PJs and nightdresses (even silk is too warm for Summer)

5) No more high shoes or shoe-boots - enough is enough!

6) No more coats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7) Buy a flat mini bag ASAP (choose one and be done!)

8) No more orange or black based scarves, find purples or greens instead

9) Lay outfits out last thing at night like I used to do rather than rush in the morning

10) No more precious, wear it now cos who knows may happen and my wardrobe is not a museum

1) Wear what I have

2) Edit Edit Edit

3) Find a good tailor and get the many clothes that I have in my wardrobe tailored

4) No shopping for the next 11 months.

5) Shop my closet

1. Organize my closet (sort, purge, improve use of space and make it easier to see what I have).

2. Repair/tailor the pieces that need work, or get rid of them. If I'm not willing to spend money to make them wearable they probably don't belong in my closet.

3. Be realistic about my clothing needs. I am trying to get comfortable spending a bit more on quality casual pieces, since those are the clothes I wear the most.

4. Experiment, take risks, have fun with my clothes and wear what I love.

1) Figure out chic options for my travel wardrobe.When I travel to cities in North America and Europe I wear what I do at home, but I need options for the country, mountains and for travel in very hot weather such as Southern Asia. Also, stylish comfortable shoes.

2) Find the perfect LWD-little white dress

1) Figure out chic options for my travel wardrobe.When I travel to cities in North America and Europe I wear what I do at home, but I need options for the country, mountains and for travel in very hot weather such as Southern Asia. Also, stylish comfortable shoes.

2) Find the perfect LWD-little white dress

S/S '13 will be the perfect Summer for you then WHITE is the 'colour' of the season :tup: