Farfetch Experience - Might need to return my Sophie Hulme Mini Box

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. So I took advantage of the Farfetch private sale and managed to score a Sophie Hulme Mini Box for around 452 USD which is a really good deal.

I received the bag today and realized there's a small flaw. There are small black stains around the handle. I am not sure if it's leather scratched off or just dirt. I am not even sure where I would take in Korea to clean it off either, if it's cleanable. All in all I am bummed.

[​IMG]

Since I am in Korea right now, it's not that convenient for me to return this. And if I do, I don't know if they will let me just exchange this because I really do love this bag :sad: Do you think they will just give me a credit? I would be happy if they just take like $50 off the price. I would at least feel better. I am a little unsure what I should do :sad:

2. Does it bother you that much? I had a similar experience but with Saks. My bag was missing the charm when it arrived and they gave me 10% off (they were also out of stock so I couldn't get another bag). Those black marks in your picture aren't that noticeable and you got it for a good price! I definitely think you should contact them and see what they can do for you.

3. It doesn't bother me THAT much, but I think I definitely would be happier with a 10% off than to return the bag because I do like the bag.

4. Yes so definitely contact them and see if they can help you somehow with a damage discount. Otherwise, you should try to look for a shoe repair/leather place to see if they can fix it or dye those marks.

5. I'd contact them ASAP & include a close up of the damage.

It seems to be unacceptable that a bag should be shipped overseas with those marks.

Didn't anyone pay attention before they packed it up??

I'd ask for a discount without any hesitation

6. I would contact them immediately. Being the company that they are I think they will work with you as they are pretty upstanding.

7. They said that the boutique is willing to give me a 5% discount. Should I take it? First time this happened to me. I am not sure what to do :/

8. Negotiate for the 10%... if they don't agree mention the return shipping
    is on Farfetch because they shipped a damaged bag... see what they
    say ..

9. If you like the bag, and the price was a steal, I say take the 5%. It's better than nothing, and it's better than returning the bag. Also, try an alcohol-free baby wipe, maybe it will get rid of the marks.

10. I do bit of leather restoration and I think the spots are removable. Either take it to a leather spa or high end cobbler shop and they should be able to clean it up. The spots look like they're surface mounted and not imbedded or rubbed into the leather, the former is much easier to remove

11. I got the 10% refund :smile: thanks everyone for your help!

12. Good for you!! Enjoy the bag!!:biggrin:

13. Congrats!

14. Glad to hear that worked out for you!