FAO qwerty234: Pictures of my Acier Clutch

ILoveMyBug

Oooh sparkly!
O.G.
Dec 6, 2006
Here's a few photos for you, some are a little blurry as it's really hard taking pics with the flash of a metallic bag.
I hope you can see everything you need here, my main areas of concern on the one you have are the 2 big rivets on the tab that has the buckle on, and also the positions of the rivets on the plate which holds the padlock.

DSCN1455.jpg

DSCN1457.jpg

DSCN1474.jpg

DSCN1472.jpg

DSCN1461.jpg

DSCN1462.jpg

DSCN1458.jpg

DSCN1468.jpg

ILoveMyBug - EXCELLENT!!

I was concerned on this one with the serial/date tag - why on earth are the accessories different? 560306 - now for a bag we'd see 030656 - but at least we know this part is OK - I'm bookmarking your photos - for reference - thanks so much for posting these - I do still have issues with the clutch which qwerty234 has - but the serial/date tag is no longer one of them!!:tup:

Here's a few photos for you, some are a little blurry as it's really hard taking pics with the flash of a metallic bag.
I hope you can see everything you need here, my main areas of concern on the one you have are the 2 big rivets on the tab that has the buckle on, and also the positions of the rivets on the plate which holds the padlock.

Thank you so much :heart: Gorgeous bag!

I see what you mean about the rivets - I'm also worried about the shape of the metal part the padlock attaches too now, yours looks much more rounded than mine. I've attached a pic of mine again to compare.

I'm so glad that the date codes are the same, that's one thing at least, although it's easily faked. Your heat stamp on the leather inside looks slightly deeper than chloe paddingtons, but still not as deep as on my clutch. :sad:

With the deeper heat stamp and some strange bits of hardware, I'm just not sure what to think of mine. :confused1:

Yours also looks a lot more "shimmery" than mine. Did you use the flash?

Hmm, I'm not sure about my clutch anymore! I can't prove it's fake but it isn't screaming "real" either...
Ideas anyone?
(I can post again in ATC if that's more appropriate - please let me know mods)

Attachments

• IMG_0633.JPG
    IMG_0633.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 48

I see what you mean about the rivets - I'm also worried about the shape of the metal part the padlock attaches too now, yours looks much more rounded than mine. I've attached a pic of mine again to compare.

I'm so glad that the date codes are the same, that's one thing at least, although it's easily faked. Your heat stamp on the leather inside looks slightly deeper than chloe paddingtons, but still not as deep as on my clutch. :sad:

With the deeper heat stamp and some strange bits of hardware, I'm just not sure what to think of mine. :confused1:

Hmm, I'm not sure about my clutch anymore! I can't prove it's fake but it isn't screaming "real" either...
Ideas anyone?

qwerty234 - Hi there - the serial/date tag isn't a concern for me any more. I did say that sometimes the accessories can be different - and now we know that they are!! This clutch is Acier so its not the same colour as yours - which is Anthracite. The Acier has more of a metallic look to it IMO. I do think the heatstamp inside your clutch is pretty deep and there are differences in the hardware. Chloe QC isn't the best as we know - and we don't have any hangtags/care cards to check for you either. I'm not 100% convinced on this clutch I'm afraid.

If you want further opinion - pop it back on the ATC - and see if someone else can give you their thoughts. Its always worth doing - and it may help give you another opinion also.

Ideas anyone?

Hi, yes the rivets are still concerning me, and the more I look at the padlock and the metal plate the more I think it looks off. The corners are too square, and the shape and thickness of the D shape ring don't look quite right either. The tab with the date code on has very square corners on yours compared to mine too, this again could be the QC but all these things added together are worrying.

It's worth noting that IRL the heatstamp doesn't look as deep as that, I was surprised when I saw the photo. Obviously the flash adds a bit more shadow than there really is, though yours does have that "puffy" look which can be a problem.

I'm going to attempt to take a picture this weekend that's got everything set up the same way as yours for a direct comparison.

I used the flash on a few of them, so yes it's not quite as shiny as that :smile:

Also just to mention that your metal clip is at the other end to mine :confused1:

Hi, yes the rivets are still concerning me, and the more I look at the padlock and the metal plate the more I think it looks off. The corners are too square, and the shape and thickness of the D shape ring don't look quite right either. The tab with the date code on has very square corners on yours compared to mine too, this again could be the QC but all these things added together are worrying.

It's worth noting that IRL the heatstamp doesn't look as deep as that, I was surprised when I saw the photo. Obviously the flash adds a bit more shadow than there really is, though yours does have that "puffy" look which can be a problem.

I'm going to attempt to take a picture this weekend that's got everything set up the same way as yours for a direct comparison.

I used the flash on a few of them, so yes it's not quite as shiny as that :smile:

Also just to mention that your metal clip is at the other end to mine :confused1:

Thank you so much for all your work! This is why I really like you all on this forum, so helpful :smile:

I'm so surprised that with the padlock opening the real way (paddington fakes always open at the other side), and the Chloe heat stamp on the key being right (upside down as compared to a normal paddington, like your clutch too) that other parts of the hardware could look so different.

I think that we might be looking at a good fake, but a fake none the less. Especially if the metal clip is on the other side do you think?

I can post these questions on the ATC, but I'll have to wait a few days as I'm not at home this weekend and don't have the pictures or the bag.

Would the ATC be the best method to get a "not real' verdict, even if it is too hard to get an outright "fake!" verdict? What will paypal need to see for me to get a refund?