Fantastic profile story on Uncle Karl

“I have no problem with journalists – many are friends,” he says. “Only if they are really stupid, or if they’ve got bad breath, or if they smell. Yesterday I had a problem. I said, ‘I’m sorry, you’ve got to tell this woman that she needs to be taken away. Her smell is not possible.’ ”

I hated the idea of being in a dormitory with other people. No, no, no,” he says, hitting the table as he speaks. “My sisters were sent away because my mother thought they were boring. I was not boring.”

“They sent a private jet,” he says. “I said, ‘It’s too small. I need a bigger plane.’ It’s fun, no?”

Lol these quotes are so funny :lol:

thx for sharing! i can't imagine what his feet look like!

“I buy my shoes a size too small,” he says. “I like the way it feels.”

He fascinates me! (And scares me too, but as long as I don't have to meet him... I'm in awe!)

Thanks for the great read!! This guy is so brilliant!

"I’m mad for books,” he says, sitting motionless behind his black Dior shades. “It is a disease I won’t recover from. They are the tragedy of my life. I want to learn about everything. I want to know everything, but I’m not an intellectual, and I don’t like their company. I’m the most superficial man on Earth.”
I don't think that's true!

His mother:

He was not allowed to chatter on when talking to her and had to be quick, the reason why he now talks so fast. “ ‘You may be six years old, but I am not,’ she used to say

She refused to let him wear glasses although he was short-sighted, saying: “Children with glasses are the ugliest thing in the world.”

She also took little interest in his schooling, never attending a parent-teacher evening. Nor did she ever attend one of his fashion shows later in life, despite his success. “She said, ‘Well, I didn’t go to your father’s office either,’ ” he laughs.
Wow!

awwww!

Johnny Depp will play him eventually. . . he really is like a character from Nightmare Before Christmas or Edward Scissorhands. . . crazy and somehow likable!