Fancy tights and short skirt

rachaelsweet

Apr 17, 2008
Don't look at the top - I know it doesn't go and in fact it's a dress tucked in, just the bottom half - what's your impression of tights like these and how about with this skirt especially? Thanks for your help
Rachael x

4717925308_61e0125190_z.jpg

i think tights like that elaborated....you're better off w/ longer skirt (like right at or above knee)...if you really like short skirt..i'd pair w/ boots but not OTK boots. i think OTK boots can draw a lot of attention and tights like that can look too much.
and i would do black or dark brown skirts.

I think a plainer skirt with those tights might go better, as well as mixing up the colors a bit....the whole outfit from head to toe is orange and green. Try putting in a different colored top or shoes.

I love short skirts & tights!!

Hmm, the tights do NOT go with the skirt. The skirt, perhaps due to its color, seems more warm-weather, while tights seem cooler weather. And lace tights should go with something plainer - ruffles are OTT. As for plain pantyhose, I am generally not a fan of the look, especially with a casual skirt like that. Pantyhose sometimes need to be worn with more formal clothing because of dress codes (at least in this part of the country, they are still expected in areas of finance, law, etc.), but they just look odd with casual clothing, IMO. I wouldn't put hosiery of any sort with that skirt and go bare-legged.

the skirt is warm weather IMO^

a great little a-line black skirt or pencil skirt would be great with your first tights. they're cute, where did you get them?

The skirt might be OK in Summer (no tights) or inter-seasonal with opaques and same colour shoe/boot as the opaque tights.

The lacey tights would be better worn with a knee-length pencil or straight skirt in a neutral colour.

The hold-ups are plain awkward with a frilly skirt unless your 'job' requires such an outfit :sunnies (I am presuming it doesn't though)

Wearing the same colour shoe as the skirt and those tights sandwiched between shortens your legs, looks contrived and doesn't work at the same time. The point of those tights is to draw attention to your legs and neither the shoes or skirt should compete in colour or style.

All the items are fine but probably not great worn together.

You have a great figure and really lovely legs. Short skirts and attention-grabbing tights should be your thing but maybe not all at once ;)