Famiglia - Yay or Nay?

I was kind of neutral when I saw famiglia for the first time... I thought it'd be cute, but I never got around to buying anything in it~ When I went to NYC I saw *tons* of famiglia things, but I didn't like it enough to get anything~ It's good, but not that great.

That's funny, I don't think of Toki as being "fashionable". I don't know anyone else in real life who has any and I hardly ever see anyone with them. (I've seen less than 10 on the streets). So for all I ever thought, I'm just the odd-ball who loves the cute bags that no one else knows what the heck I'm wearing.

I live in Southern California and I see tokidoki bags all over the place!!!! (MORE real than FAKE too!) I'm not even the only one at work (i work in a huge hospital in LA area) that carries them around the hospital as well! Maybe it's the location??? I know around OC and San Gabriel Valley (asian predominant area) there are lots of ppl who carry them around right now... It's pretty "fashionable/trendy" in this area as of now...

That's funny, I don't think of Toki as being "fashionable". I don't know anyone else in real life who has any and I hardly ever see anyone with them. (I've seen less than 10 on the streets). So for all I ever thought, I'm just the odd-ball who loves the cute bags that no one else knows what the heck I'm wearing.

I only see hipster girls (the kinds that are into Rollerderby and collecting vinyl "art" toys) and art students with Tokidoki bags. And every time I bust out the Denaro, I get compliments on it.

Yeah... maybe its fashionable if you live in like Caliifornia or Hawaii, but in Arizona I don't see -anyone- with toki bags... Of course I know there are other people in AZ that have the bags, especially due to meeting a lot of them on the Phoenix toki thread, but I've never seen any in person besides my own. Oh well though, that just means It'll be easier for me to keep rockin the toki bags when it stops being fashionable in places that it is currently fashionable. IF that makes sense.

^ Yes, it seems like it's fashionable in Hawaii and areas of California. But here in the Chicago area I almost never see any. There's only like 4 or 5 places I've seen in the entire Chicago & Suburban area that sell them. I actually called all the Macy's in the area one day... and the only one that has any is the Chicago State Street location. None of the others even knew what I was talking about.

I got a great deal on a Famiglia Campeggio on Ebay ($111) so I am definitely keeping it and returning the Ciao Ciao (full price from Nordys). I am so excited! Campeggio is my fave style so this is perfect. :tup:

While not my favorite print, I find I use my one-and-only famiglia bag (campeggio) all the time. It doesn't show dirt, looks great with jeans and muted color tees and is alot more subtle that some of the other prints. Also, my boys and I enjoy "discovering" all the friends in the little dots.

This is a practical, more refined print. I'd consider keeping one in this print if I where you.

I have one in campeggio and love it!