fam a Balenciaga newbie

samsea

Apr 3, 2010
typo: FROM a balenciaga newbie

I bought my first Balenciaga two weeks ago. I like the rock'n roll look but it is a little bit pricy for me. I am going to to turn 35 this year, suddenly I thought, if i wait longer the bag might become too rocky for me. So two weeks ago when I happened to drop by HR. I got the red city. (they were having those bags only for 4 days.)

I Always thought i would get a blue because i am kinda of person don;t like to grab attention, but there are not many colors available. I don't feel comfortable to order one without trying it on first, so i went with the red. ( Also, my friend pursuaded me for the reason that i need a red color one for Chinese Rabbit year since i am a rabbit to avoid unluck-- chinese tradition)

Now as a newbie, i got some questions, and please help me

1) I am 1.72cm, do you think city is a little bit too small for me? I kinda feel it is too high, i wish its bottom reached my hip line. should i change to a Day?:hrmm:

2) what color is it? I didn't ask at the store. When i came back home to check online, i thought it is pomegrante, but now i think it might be a sang since it is a new-buy. Are those two colors different anyway?:shrugs:

3) If i ask HR to order a blue for me for exchange, how likely can i get the color? :confused1:

thank you all!

youzinet.com/bbs/attachment.php?aid=302847&noupdate=yes

youzinet.com/bbs/attachment.php?aid=302846&noupdate=yes

youzinet.com/bbs/attachment.php?aid=302848&noupdate=yes

Last edited:
Hi samsea - I can't see your photos so I can't help you on the color, but it's probably Sang since you said that Holt Renfrew only had the bag for 4days.

In terms of having Holts exchange your bag for blue, I think that will depend on which blue you want and what city you are in. I understand from one of the Calgary SA's that the best Bal selection is in Vancouver but the SA's will know what bags are coming for your store and if you have a chance at being able to exchange for blue. You may as well ask. It doesn't seem that Holts transfers bags between stores but it might be that what I've asked for in the past has gone to another city and had already sold.

hope I helped some.

here, made your links clickable so it's easier for others to read

congrats on your new city and first bal! i think maybe if you look under the leather tag inside the bag, the code will probably tell you which yr/season it's from.

youzinet.com/bbs/attachment.php?aid=302847&noupdate=yes

youzinet.com/bbs/attachment.php?aid=302846&noupdate=yes

youzinet.com/bbs/attachment.php?aid=302848&noupdate=yes

thank you Djrr! do you by any chance know how i can upload the pictures?

the last two links didn't work, so here are new ones, HTH!

http://youzinet.com/bbs/attachment.php?aid=302846&noupdate=yes

http://youzinet.com/bbs/attachment.php?aid=302848&noupdate=yes

If you wanna upload pics, when you type in your message, you have to choose the "Go Advanced" button, it will take you to another page where you'll find "Manage Attachments" in the bottom, then, you can click on that and it will ask you to upload pictures. Your pictures has to be under a certain size limit as indicated otherwise your upload won't work. After you upload your pics, it will show up as attachments so ppl can view them.

Hi samsea - I can't see your photos so I can't help you on the color, but it's probably Sang since you said that Holt Renfrew only had the bag for 4days.

In terms of having Holts exchange your bag for blue, I think that will depend on which blue you want and what city you are in. I understand from one of the Calgary SA's that the best Bal selection is in Vancouver but the SA's will know what bags are coming for your store and if you have a chance at being able to exchange for blue. You may as well ask. It doesn't seem that Holts transfers bags between stores but it might be that what I've asked for in the past has gone to another city and had already sold.

hope I helped some.

thank you so much! I went to Paris last year but i didn't think of buying a b-bag then! :shucks:

how can i put my pictures on?

try again for the pictures. I think i did it! so again the question

1) is it too small to me? maybe a day is better on me?

2) do you think the blue suits me better? since i am a low-key and wearing jeans all the time (stay home mom with 3 kids, running household errands, rather than career lady shining on the street of downtown)

Attachments

• 04.JPG
    04.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 157
  • 02.JPG
    02.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 104
  • 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 86
Last edited: