Falling out of love :(

KathSummers

May 31, 2010
Hi everyone!

For my newest diploma, my wonderful mom gifted me with the cabas rosebery purse last summer. I was in love at first sight, carried the bag on a few occasions but I haven't carried her in almost 6 months :sad: the purse is too structured, it's hard to reach in, uncomfortable to wear cross body... Don't get me wrong it is a gorgeous purse and Im sure many people love it, these are only my experiences.

Im not sure what to do since it's a gift from my mom and even if I would sell it, I don't even know where to start that process (I know selling is not permitted on the purse forum, Im not trying to sell it here)

Thank you for your advice!

I think it's a really gorgeous bag, but if it's not practical for you it's a shame that it's not being used. That's a tough one, because it was a gift from your mum. Would she be offended if you sold it to fund something you'll really use?

I think it's a really gorgeous bag, but if it's not practical for you it's a shame that it's not being used. That's a tough one, because it was a gift from your mum. Would she be offended if you sold it to fund something you'll really use?

Probably not, she is super cool and doesn't get offended by matters that has to do with objects

Hi everyone!

For my newest diploma, my wonderful mom gifted me with the cabas rosebery purse last summer. I was in love at first sight, carried the bag on a few occasions but I haven't carried her in almost 6 months :sad: the purse is too structured, it's hard to reach in, uncomfortable to wear cross body... Don't get me wrong it is a gorgeous purse and Im sure many people love it, these are only my experiences.

Im not sure what to do since it's a gift from my mom and even if I would sell it, I don't even know where to start that process (I know selling is not permitted on the purse forum, Im not trying to sell it here)

Thank you for your advice!
I wouldn't sell a gift from your mom. My first LV was a mono pochette. When my mom first bought it for me, I really was into little bags. My style has changed over the years and I contemplated selling her, but I just can't, especially since my mom is now passed away.

Probably not, she is super cool and doesn't get offended by matters that has to do with objects
It sounds like she would be okay with you selling it and possibly getting something else.

Have you tried using the bag one more time? If you carry it for two weeks then you will know for sure that you want to keep it or get rid of it. Just one last change to convince yourself you are doing the right thing. Good luck on your decision.

Perhaps your mom would appreciate you getting a new bag you absolutely love and use instead of this one, which is just sitting in your closet? I think you should sell it and get something you adore- while the end result is different, the fact that it was a gift from your mom will not change.

I'm sorry that you don't like it....I tried it on in the store and loved it...it was between that and the Galleria which is what I ended up getting. The cabas Rosebery is still on my wishlist. I do like my bags more structured which is one reason I like it...I think if your not using it and she's ok with it, I'd buy something that you will use. Maybe go together and pick something else...

There is a good chance that when you are older you will wish you had kept it. (I'm guessing you are college age?) When I was younger I had an alma and sold it and my 36 year old self is kicking myself for it! Just some food for thought :smile: