Falling out of love with Speedy B :\

aegisshi

Mar 18, 2014
Hello again! I am turning to all of you for your advice once again.

I got a mono Speedy B 30 a few months ago and for a while, she was my every day bag. At first, I loved her... lately, not so much. There are certain things about the bag here and there that are bothering me and it seems that the more I use it, the more I find myself wishing I had something else. I use it mostly with the long strap, I never use it handheld (I'm kind of tired of using handhelds at the moment). I started feeling this way for over a month now and have tried carrying her again, but the unsatisfied feeling doesn't seem to go away. It might even be getting worse?

Has anyone here had issues with their Speedy B and sold it? If so, did you end up regretting it at all?

Hello again! I am turning to all of you for your advice once again.

I got a mono Speedy B 30 a few months ago and for a while, she was my every day bag. At first, I loved her... lately, not so much. There are certain things about the bag here and there that are bothering me and it seems that the more I use it, the more I find myself wishing I had something else. I use it mostly with the long strap, I never use it handheld (I'm kind of tired of using handhelds at the moment). I started feeling this way for over a month now and have tried carrying her again, but the unsatisfied feeling doesn't seem to go away. It might even be getting worse?

Has anyone here had issues with their Speedy B and sold it? If so, did you end up regretting it at all?

This is a great question! I have the damier ebene speedy B and I'm thinking about selling it too. I loved it when I first got it and used it quite a bit. But the last time I used it and had it pretty full, the strap felt so uncomfortable (crossbody) and was digging into my shoulder. I'm starting to prefer my montaigne and my pallas more. I don't mind using it as handheld, but it's not so practical when my toddler is with me. But like you, I'm worried I'll regret selling it..

Is there something about it specifically that you don't like about it now?

This is a great question! I have the damier ebene speedy B and I'm thinking about selling it too. I loved it when I first got it and used it quite a bit. But the last time I used it and had it pretty full, the strap felt so uncomfortable (crossbody) and was digging into my shoulder. I'm starting to prefer my montaigne and my pallas more. I don't mind using it as handheld, but it's not so practical when my toddler is with me. But like you, I'm worried I'll regret selling it..

Is there something about it specifically that you don't like about it now?

One of my problems is the same one you had, except I don't wear mine as crossbody (too awkward for me to use as a crossbody so I just use the long strap on my shoulder). It's really not that comfortable when it's pretty full. Unfortunately for me this is my only LV that can be used as a shoulder bag (my other LVs are clutch-size and one handheld) so I've resorted to using my older Michael Kors totes. I don't like using my Speedy B as handheld because it's a little awkward with the strap and if I take the strap off, I don't really like the way it looks like something is missing.

This bag's design is basically a miniature duffel bag so it sags like a duffel bag when the long strap is used, even with a base shaper. Everything sort of just gets sucked into the middle while the sides get lifted up. This is okay on a hobo style bag, but not really on a Speedy. Since it sags even with a base shaper, it gets hard to simply reach in and grab stuff out of it. I've tried using a purse organizer, but when the organizer is in the bag, I lose so much space!

I should also note that I've been in love with the mono Noe BB forever and the way I wear the Speedy B is similar to the way I would wear the Noe BB so there's that to consider as well because I plan on getting it soon.

aegisshi - I'm sorry to hear you're falling out of love! I think the complaints you listed are certainly valid of the Speedy design. I kind of came to terms with its shape and actually like the duffle/luggage-like style because it's so luxurious looking to me, haha. I just purchased my mono Speedy B 30, but waiting until my 14 days is up before using it/celebrating it for any last minute regrets, so this post is helpful to learn from. I'm hoping other experienced Speedy owners here can help you!

I know one thing for sure, if you do end up deciding it's not for you, you can easily sell it, and hopefully retain much of the value. With the price increase looming, maybe you'll break even. Good luck girl!

One of my problems is the same one you had, except I don't wear mine as crossbody (too awkward for me to use as a crossbody so I just use the long strap on my shoulder). It's really not that comfortable when it's pretty full. Unfortunately for me this is my only LV that can be used as a shoulder bag (my other LVs are clutch-size and one handheld) so I've resorted to using my older Michael Kors totes. I don't like using my Speedy B as handheld because it's a little awkward with the strap and if I take the strap off, I don't really like the way it looks like something is missing.

This bag's design is basically a miniature duffel bag so it sags like a duffel bag when the long strap is used, even with a base shaper. Everything sort of just gets sucked into the middle while the sides get lifted up. This is okay on a hobo style bag, but not really on a Speedy. Since it sags even with a base shaper, it gets hard to simply reach in and grab stuff out of it. I've tried using a purse organizer, but when the organizer is in the bag, I lose so much space!

I should also note that I've been in love with the mono Noe BB forever and the way I wear the Speedy B is similar to the way I would wear the Noe BB so there's that to consider as well because I plan on getting it soon.

It really sounds like you're more in love with the Noe BB and that you're pretty decided on the speedy B. If you've stopped using it altogether, then it's very likely you won't regret selling it. I've sold some bags that I stopped using and didn't regret it. I sold my mono speedy B 35 because it was too big and I didn't regret it. Sometimes you have to try other bags to figure out what you really like. Good luck deciding...

I hear you that the Speedy isn't meeting your needs right now. However, in the future, it may be that your lifestyle changes a bit and you love your speedy again. Who knows - you may decide you do like to use handhelds. It is such of a classic, and , like everyone always points out, the prices do continually go up.

I advise keeping it, or at the very least, waiting a good long time before making any moves toward selling it.

best wishes!

The duffle bag thing..
I was at the store trying on bags a while ago with my friend and tried on the DE Speedy B 25. He turned his nose up at it and said "ugh, looks like a duffle bag, why would you want that". I should have listened. I bought it anyway, in fact I went through 2 Speedy B's ( 25 and 30) and the same thing happened, I loved it at first and then between the sag on the 30 and the plastic-y feeling of the DE 25, I just started hating them. The Empreinte speedy I still like, probably because I think it has more shape to it and doesn't sag. Sag on a leather hobo looks good but not on the speedy. I sold both, at a loss, but dont regret it because now I am not constantly torn in deciding if I like them or not. If you're planning to sell, might be good to sit on it for at least a week so you're sure selling is what you want to do.

aegisshi - I'm sorry to hear you're falling out of love! I think the complaints you listed are certainly valid of the Speedy design. I kind of came to terms with its shape and actually like the duffle/luggage-like style because it's so luxurious looking to me, haha. I just purchased my mono Speedy B 30, but waiting until my 14 days is up before using it/celebrating it for any last minute regrets, so this post is helpful to learn from. I'm hoping other experienced Speedy owners here can help you!

I know one thing for sure, if you do end up deciding it's not for you, you can easily sell it, and hopefully retain much of the value. With the price increase looming, maybe you'll break even. Good luck girl!

If you like the duffel sag, then I think you'll be very happy with this bag! It's honestly a great bag, I'm just coming to the realization that it doesn't suit me very well.

I hope yours works out much better for you!

It really sounds like you're more in love with the Noe BB and that you're pretty decided on the speedy B. If you've stopped using it altogether, then it's very likely you won't regret selling it. I've sold some bags that I stopped using and didn't regret it. I sold my mono speedy B 35 because it was too big and I didn't regret it. Sometimes you have to try other bags to figure out what you really like. Good luck deciding...

I haven't completely stopped using it altogether quite yet. I did stop for a couple weeks and did not miss it at all, but I've been using it for a day or two here and there recently to see if I was just going through a phase but I'm starting to think I'm not.

I tried on the Noe BB in the boutique last month. I was holding off on it to celebrate something special in the future but I haven't stopped thinking about it since I tried it on. I'm just afraid to go through the same thing I'm going through with the Speedy B :/ Also not sure about how the Noe BB will age...

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it!

I hear you that the Speedy isn't meeting your needs right now. However, in the future, it may be that your lifestyle changes a bit and you love your speedy again. Who knows - you may decide you do like to use handhelds. It is such of a classic, and , like everyone always points out, the prices do continually go up.

I advise keeping it, or at the very least, waiting a good long time before making any moves toward selling it.

best wishes!

I really do love the look of the Speedy buuuuut I'm also not the type who needs to have a bag in my collection just because it's a classic, you know? I would rather have others that I actually use as opposed to classics that don't suit me and therefore don't get used. I'm really going to hate myself if I end up wanting a Speedy in the future...eek!

The duffle bag thing..
I was at the store trying on bags a while ago with my friend and tried on the DE Speedy B 25. He turned his nose up at it and said "ugh, looks like a duffle bag, why would you want that". I should have listened. I bought it anyway, in fact I went through 2 Speedy B's ( 25 and 30) and the same thing happened, I loved it at first and then between the sag on the 30 and the plastic-y feeling of the DE 25, I just started hating them. The Empreinte speedy I still like, probably because I think it has more shape to it and doesn't sag. Sag on a leather hobo looks good but not on the speedy. I sold both, at a loss, but dont regret it because now I am not constantly torn in deciding if I like them or not. If you're planning to sell, might be good to sit on it for at least a week so you're sure selling is what you want to do.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one!

My HG bag is actually an Empreinte Speedy in Cerise! I love the color and I love Empreinte leather.

If I decide to sell I'm hoping not to lose too much on mine considering I got this brand new for less than the price of a regular Speedy 25. I may even be able to break even considering how much I've seen others in worse condition go for...

What did you replace your Speedy Bs with?

This is a great thread! I also got speedy b 25 in DE about a month ago, used it once and found that I'm not really too fond of the slouch look. My SA told me 25 is better than the rest in keeping it's shape but even then I found it to be too cumbersome to try to "fix" it all the time. I find myself obsessing about its shape. I really wanted to love it as I felt I'm getting 3 bags in one. The other issue too was the uncomfortable shoulder strap of the DE. It wasn't even stuffed yet I feel it digging on my shoulder when worn crossbody. I am not too sure if it's an issue with the DE since it's stiffer than the mono vachetta. Then the opening was a bit small so whenever I opened, the zipper scratches my hand. Anyways, long story short I ended up exchanging it after 17 days to the Totally MM which is more structured and comfortable. There is no option to wear crossbody but I got Favorite MM for that.

Thanks for this I was really thinking about getting a speedy 30b in the mono. I don't think I will like the duffle look and the sag going to bother me. If you really don't like it I say sell it and get another bag you want =)

This is a great thread! I also got speedy b 25 in DE about a month ago, used it once and found that I'm not really too fond of the slouch look. My SA told me 25 is better than the rest in keeping it's shape but even then I found it to be too cumbersome to try to "fix" it all the time. I find myself obsessing about its shape. I really wanted to love it as I felt I'm getting 3 bags in one. The other issue too was the uncomfortable shoulder strap of the DE. It wasn't even stuffed yet I feel it digging on my shoulder when worn crossbody. I am not too sure if it's an issue with the DE since it's stiffer than the mono vachetta. Then the opening was a bit small so whenever I opened, the zipper scratches my hand. Anyways, long story short I ended up exchanging it after 17 days to the Totally MM which is more structured and comfortable. There is no option to wear crossbody but I got Favorite MM for that.

I was exactly the same as you with the feeling of the speedy b. I was constantly fixing it's shape cause I felt it looked weird caving all in the middle while wearing the strap. Someone on here said it best, handheld bags with optional shoulder use looks like it's going through an identiy crisis...it was the most truthful thing I've heard..

YES YES! I purchased the Speedy B 30 in April and finally sold her in August. I love Speedy's but I also wanted a shoulder bag so buying the Speedy B at the time seemed right. Wrong I came to the conclusion the Speedy is a hand held bag period. Unlike you I was not in love with the Speedy B - for me it was an impulse buy that I should have never made because I lost a ton of money when I sold (well not a ton but it was a loss never the less). I Think it was just the timing in which I sold because it was in Azur.

The bag sat very awkward when placed on the shoulder and just did not sit right like it caves inward looking very tacky. Even DH said that. Never used it cross body because I am not a cross body girl. I tried using a base shaper to prevent the caving but it then stuck out way too far. The Speedy B is a very awkward bag and I have learned you either love it or you don't. I sold it with no regrets at all (beside the money loss because it was so new) and replace her with the Artsy MM Azur.

I think you should sell it and because it is in Mono you will definitely get more money for it being it is Fall. Look at actually getting a shoulder bag in Mono. In my experience with LV shoulder bags are shoulder bags and hand bags are hand bags. Do not try to make yourself love it again because it does not work like that. What bothers you now will always bother you. Sell it get something you will LOVE.

Be Blessed MoNikki

Last edited: