Falling in love with LV ... is this a seasonal fever?

Just for fun, which bags do you like? (choose as many as you want)

• Total voters

waterina

May 5, 2020
I bought my first LV bag in mid-March when the quarantine started. Since then, I purchased 3 more bags and some slgs from LV.

I never had any luxury items nor went to any boutiques before with an intention to shop. Although I could afford, I never needed spending this much money on. I liked its beauty and I was thinking maybe one day I will get one of those luxury bags.

But, I never knew I would fall this hard... I like LV so much in that how classic it is, how durable they are over time and how they don't loose its value over time compared to other brands. I especially like monogram canvas. I also think this unavailability makes me want to buy more when I see the place-in-cart button for hard-to-get bags.. and it is kind of fun to do stalking online.

Do you think this is a seasonal fever and some time later I will regret that I bought this many?
Or are these bags going to be my little buddies and be a good investment in my life?
Or oddly, am I going to fall in love with another luxury brand?...

I would love to hear from any lV lover and experts if they had any experience similar to this. :smile:

BTW,
I am 30 yo and getting married soon and will have kids whenever God blesses... And the purchase history since March is like this... Pochette Metis in reverse, Petit Noe, Boite Chapeau Souple, Palm Springs Mini, and Key pouches in different prints.
I was not able to use any of them yet as I am quarantining... although I have seen many great reviews about these bags, I feel sad because I can't test if all these bags work for my daily life.

and that being said.... I am eyeing on these; Toiletry 19, Pochette Accessoires in DA, mini PA,
And, then when I travel Europe in the future I would want souvenir of Neverfull or/and Speedy B....

My husband told me before we got married this is one long date. There is no need to rush things but at the same time we need to keep it fresh. Without understanding your financial situation, I would advise slow down and take it all in. Take time to enjoy the bags you have quickly accumulated since March. I understand price increases can weigh the mind but there is no pressure other than what you apply.

Last year I first purchased my LV and quickly bought 3 bags and 2 SLG in a month and half. I blew my bonus but I love it and don’t regret it...I use the PF as a research tool and like looking at everyone’s purchases to gain view on trends. I thought I wanted more but it was okay to wait...even with 3 price increases I finally bought what I have been looking for last night...and that’s fine by me.

also, I had opportunity to buy the PA in DA last week - in my bag, ready to press yes and then I’m like...it’s past midnight and I’m in my bathroom so I can scan my CC...and there is a chance of color transfer! so I stopped and let it go. It hasn’t come back recently, and that’s okay.

Thank you very much for sharing. and that is very sweet that your husband told you that.
I really appreciate you and your husband's insight!
No need to rush
slow down
take it all in
enjoy each piece I have bought
and it's okay to pass and not to buy it now.

what a great advice! your post inspired me.

that warms my heart! I wish you positive energy and thoughts!

I say do whatever your heart and wallet can handle but not more than that. Of course with time your needs and desires may change and you’ll start looking at other brands but that’s usually a natural progression. No need to over think it, buy what you like and is of use to you. I buy in spurts myself. I may buy like a mad woman for a month or two straight and then nothing or very little for the next 3 months. You made some awesome purchases so far, good luck!

Agree with WintersJoy. If your heart and wallet can handle it, go for it! I'd suggest not buying everything on your wish list right away - nothing wrong with pacing yourself! Plus it gives you something to look forward to. In the last few years, I've used travel opportunities (especially to Europe, but also Japan for the preloved market) to tick off some of the must-haves on my list, like you mentioned with the Speedy or Neverfull. Not only is saving on the VAT a huge plus, and having an incredible selection to choose from, but then they become souvenirs from your travels and not just "stuff", you know? (I'd recommend whatever your biggest ticket items are, saving those for Europe, since your savings will be considerably larger there!) :smile:

I say do whatever your heart and wallet can handle but not more than that. Of course with time your needs and desires may change and you’ll start looking at other brands but that’s usually a natural progression. No need to over think it, buy what you like and is of use to you. I buy in spurts myself. I may buy like a mad woman for a month or two straight and then nothing or very little for the next 3 months. You made some awesome purchases so far, good luck!

Thank you for your encouraging words and sharing your story. I agree that i need not to overthink!

To answer your question, no I don't think it's a seasonal fever. Lol. I was exposed to LV for a long time and I didn't find it cute at all until one day something clicked and I've loved them for 20 years.

Have fun, you can always sell them when they no longer work for you. I love LV canvas bc they're so easy... easy to wear, easy to match, easy to take care of and easy to resell.

I agree with what love n lune said. Take your time, and enjoy the purchases you have gotten so far. Give it a chance to sink in and enjoy the process. For me I buy what I like when I see, have a feel and done some research on the bag. And if it happens to be a few price rises after, then so be it. At least I’m certain that way that I want it and that it will suit my lifestyle and I’m not buying in on a whim or in the spur of the moment = or have FOMO!! Hahahaha

Recently I just got my dream cutie of a bag, after almost a year after it was released, and after 2 price increases. But that’s fine by me, bc I knew I really loved it and wanted it. It also gave me time to research on the bag, see other people’s reveals, and then also try it in store a few times before buying it. Also all the research, wait, looking at it on others, made it more exciting when I finally purchased it. At the end of the day, the heart what’s what the heart wants! Enjoy your pieces! They are gorgeous. And there will always be another piece that is release that is more gorgeous than the last item you bought, and you will want that even more. That’s what their marketing team and design team does to us! Always wanting more, so we can never win.