Fallen out of love

Jordyaddict

Feb 3, 2014
I feel like I'm falling out of love for my mulberry handbags :cry: and I have the urge to sell my collection to fund Louis Vuitton. I like that Louis Vuitton doesn't go in the sale, you can only buy it at a Louis Vuitton store and not see it every time you go into department stores making it feel more exclusive and I think I get better customer service and the packaging is a lot nice.

Though I have the feeling that if I sell all of it I might regret it later down the line. I have a few bags that I'm less likely to sell which are my black Alexa , silky snake black lily and mulberry pink zip around purse.

My remaining collection is

Delrey in deer brown, valentine red Alexa, raspberry lily, pistachio bayswater clutch and a silky snake oak French purse.

What have you done if you have ever felt like this and did you regret it?

Wow! I'm in exactly the same position.

I got my bags out this morning to look at them and try to decide. I love my Mulberries but bought a neo Neverfull from LV before my holiday. I used it everyday and really enjoyed carrying it. I've just tried to fall back in love with Mulberry and although I have some truly gorgeous Mulberry bags, I just don't get excited by them anymore.

I also want to slim my collection down to a core of about 3 or 4 bags which will serve all occasions. I have an empreinte Métis in aube, a mono Métis and a Favorite MM which will be my collection and will do everything.

I know what you mean about Mulberry and department stores etc. that's what got me thinking about it too and what sealed the deal a little was when Mulberry put their 'exclusive' Willow into the sale and outlets. I understand why they did it as the company was taking a different direction but it did make me a bit sad.

I think if you're going to sell you've got to be 200% sure that that's what you want to do. I've had sellers regret so many times and have taken two or three months to make up my mind on this one. Why don't you use each one and then see what you think? You might surprise yourself and fall in love all over again?

Good luck with your decision- not an easy one to make

I did exactly this and only kept either my very practical or very special Mulberry bags. Mulberry used to make up most of my collection but when the prices rocketed I started looking at other more exclusive brands that you wouldn't see discounted a few months down the line. I've never actually paid full price for a Mulberry because of this, it totally devalues the brand IMO. I have always waited for the sales or bought at a good discount in the Outlet.

I've definitely not regretted my decision and had no problem selling my bags at very sensible prices to fund 2 Chanel bags and 2 LV.

I still love Mulberry but it only makes up half of my collection now. The only newer style I was tempted by was the small Willow which I owned briefly in biscuit shrunken calf. The leather was gorgeous but I was a bit disappointed with some aspects of the bag. I sold it, along with a couple of other bags to fund a Chanel beige tote which I use on a regular basis.

Last edited:
I now only have a really tiny bag collection .. wanted to get down to a number I would actually use, rather than have girls sat in the cupboard doing nothing !! .. I have recently "dipped a toe" in LV waters & am really pleased I have (just a couple of pre-loved ones) they are fab & very different to Mulb's.
I still covet a number of Mulberrys but think I just wanted a little variety for a change - at one time, a new Mulberry was a fantastic "bargain" buy, compared with LV & others, one could afford a new Mulb' when the others were "out of reach" ££'s wise .. now .. with Mulberry prices having risen so much, the gap between them and other Premium designers is much less, I think many of us are thinking "may as well go for a LV etc".
As lcy32 says though, be careful before you sell .. do make sure you really don't want the bag before you let it go (personally, I have a Val' 'Lexi and would sell all the others before I had to part with her).
xx's Holls

Another person who understands what you mean but in my case I think it's more a case of mulberry not bringing out any designs that are wowing me. I keep reviewing my collection and I am very aware of the ones that I am not using. I did do a bit of a cull of four bags months ago and brought a midnight bays and o/s oak Alexa. Still might reduce my collection but will take my time before making any decisions.

I have a couple of Mulberry bags that I use regularly but there are still a fair few that only get used on special occasions. I am seriously thinking of selling a few and buying my first Chanel, a cerf executive tote as I know I will get lots of use and won't feel like I need to baby it. Decisions, decisions....

Wait for Mulberry bags that you'd still like to own to appear in the Outlets or on the secondary market at a price that is suitable for you.

The price is obviously a very important consideration of any purchase, but it should be the bag which you love, rather than the brand, which makes your heart skip a beat.

Keep your favourite Mulberry's and sell the rest.

I've noticed that quite a few people who sell all their Mulberry bags often return to the brand.....Mulberry isn't the only brand to have their ups and downs.....

:smile:

I totally get where you are coming from. My first 'designer' bag was an LV Alma, approx 13 years ago, I loved it, used it all the time and really feel I got my money's worth. From memory it was around the £300 mark all them years ago. I then purchased my first Mulberry, Phoebe, and my Mulberry love began. During the last 10 years I have added to both my LV and Mulberry collections and have switched between the two. Recently I sent two bags to Shian at NPN to sell for me, one LV and one Mulberry. I knew 100% that I would never use them again. I have no regrets at all and dont miss them. As nearly everyone has said be sure you want to sell before you do it, on the other hand I am now also of the opinion that you need to use what you have. The two I just sold on, one was brand new (didnt use it in two years) the other LV was approx 6 years old and I could count in one hand how many times it had seen daylight. May as well just have got a few hundred quid and stuck it in the wardrobe for the value for money I got from them. My advice ( to myself also!) would be use what you have, enjoy it, if it doesn,t do it for you and you know you wont be using it in the future get rid. Whatever designer brand you decide on, enjoy it as they all expensive!

I am the complete opposite 😳 fallen out of love with LV and recently moved onto mulberry. I had my first LV when I was about 13 and all (except 1) of my LVs (and all my Burberry) bags were bought for me by my mother whereas I used my own money for Mulberry so it may be just down to that? I also find most of the LV (and Burberry) canvas a bit too in your face but that's just me. I bought an Azur MM Neverfull last Novemeber and still haven't used it What a waste if money. My mum went to Paris in March this year and I asked her for a Ebene Eva, again not been used. Can't bring myself to sell them that's the problem, especially since I have a little girl. Lily is one lucky girl. x

Exclusivity has never been a driving factor for me, so can't comment on that, however I don't see LV as exclusive (apologies as I don't want to offend anyone) to be honest I wouldn't know a real from a fake and I see quite a few everyday but guess that's because I work in the city

As for Chanel, would love to own one but it just doesn't suit my lifestyle and my brain still struggles with spending £626+ on a bag...... Having said that this time last year my limit was £500! Not only that everyone would think it was fake anyhow.

All i would say is Be sure you really want to move them on, I get bored very easily and recently sold 2 of mine and immediately regretted it.

Right now for me its M although I can see that changing in the bit too distant future....

Prices increase - are just not justifiable

Introducing one 'affordable' range such as Tessie just isn't enough, they are still IMO not doing anything for their loyal followers

Quality control - first hand experience at 2 items that shouldn't have pass QC

Longevity - 2 items sent off for repair within warranty

I feel like I'm falling out of love for my mulberry handbags :cry: and I have the urge to sell my collection to fund Louis Vuitton. I like that Louis Vuitton doesn't go in the sale, you can only buy it at a Louis Vuitton store and not see it every time you go into department stores making it feel more exclusive and I think I get better customer service and the packaging is a lot nice.

Though I have the feeling that if I sell all of it I might regret it later down the line. I have a few bags that I'm less likely to sell which are my black Alexa , silky snake black lily and mulberry pink zip around purse.

My remaining collection is

Delrey in deer brown, valentine red Alexa, raspberry lily, pistachio bayswater clutch and a silky snake oak French purse.

What have you done if you have ever felt like this and did you regret it?
I have recently done this and bought two chanels and a few L/V's.
I dont regret it as i wasnt using them so its better they went.
A few more may go. As i want the small slate blue del rey and never got round to buying it.
I fell out of love for Mulberry for a while( because i have so many) but have now decided to buy a few more that i will actually use and i do use them now.
My collection has considerably gone down to about a third which is good because thats all i really need.
You have a smaller collection so be sure its really what you want maybe keep one or two main Mulberry and then buy the L/V you really want depending on how much it costs.
Mulberry is my all time fav brand as i still have more then anything else.

I have to agree with others about being absolutely certain before moving anything on. Mulberry will always be my favourite brand but I think I've peaked with them as I have all the styles I like (and you can only get the same style in different colours so many times : ) ). Although the new styles are nice they just aren't for me. As a result I'm tempted to dabble with other brands to round out my collection - I've got a chloe elsie and miu miu bag and would like a speedy 30 in damier ebene or mono as it's classic (even though it's ubiquitous). I'll never get a chanel as I wouldn't feel comfortable carrying it so know that it'll be wasted on me as it doesn't suit my lifestyle, but I can still appreciate its craftmanship & beauty.

In regards to their pricing, I've always bought it on sale or preloved so that doesn't really affect me buying an item. The most important factor is whether I like the item in question and how much I feel comfortable spending. If you're heart says LV, move on the ones that you're not loving anymore and put it towards something you'll use. Best of luck Jordyaddict

Last edited:
Thanks everyone on your advise. I think your right that I should give them a spin and see what I will use. I don't think I could part with all of them. I'm not into having a huge collection which will collect dust. My delrey is high on my list to consider selling as I'm thinking of a speedy bandouliere 25 in empreinte so my thinking is the delrey will become surplus. I love the Alexa style so the speed b could be used like an Alexa or delrey. The French purse style I'm not sure of anymore.... I have some thinking to do.