Fallen in love with Bulga tote - but it's handheld!?!

monalua

Aug 11, 2006
I have totally fallen in love with the Bulga Small Pudding Flap tote in chocolate. Been looking for a great dark brown bag, I've heard their leather is amazing, I love the lining, and it's in my price range! Only problem - the straps don't go over the shoulder, and I've never used a handheld bag before. I'm always on the go, and my shoulder bags seem very convienent for shopping, walking downtown, etc. I'm not sure how practical a handheld bag is? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm torn! I wish it had an optional shoulder strap or something. Are there any other great dark brown bags in that price range that I should look at? Thanks!

Attachments

• BULG-WY21_V1-BIG.jpg
    BULG-WY21_V1-BIG.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 81
Hi there!

I have the same exact styled Bulga tote, but one that goes over the shoulder. The retail on mine was $525 (not sure if this is within your range), but it's a slightly larger bag with longer handles. Same style and chocolate brown color.

Here's a picture from an eBay auction that ended:

35_1.JPG

I've been lusting after that same bag in plum, but I have the same problem you do. I want it to go over my shoulder.

I would recommend getting something from the Marc by Marc Jacobs turnlock collection. The leather is just as nice as the Bulga, but it's a little cheaper.

I bought the dark brown bowler, and it fits over my shoulder. Here are some pictures.

Attachments

• MJ bowler.jpeg
    MJ bowler.jpeg
    23.7 KB · Views: 71
  • MJ bowler 2.jpeg
    MJ bowler 2.jpeg
    23.6 KB · Views: 81
  • MJ outfit.jpeg
    MJ outfit.jpeg
    20 KB · Views: 68
Thanks for the replies ladies!

SuLi - I've been looking at that larger tote as well and really like it too. It's definitely more expensive than I want to go (unless I can find a deal on eBay or something). It's good to know that it can definitely go over your shoulder, I'll keep my eyes open for a deal!

Zeitgiest4 - I was looking at those Turnlock Bowlers just the other day! I really like them as well, maybe that's a solution. I do like the Bulga bag better - it seems a little more structured. But the shoulder strap is pretty important to me.

If you are comfortable with eBay, I would recommend looking for the Bulga there. That style is less popular than the studded version, so you might find a really great deal. You can always PM me if you want me to take a look at the auction since I own one and can hopefully help distinguish whether it is authentic or not.

The MbyMJ is awesome...I'm getting something from the Turnlock line soon!

I was a shoulder-bag-girl all my life until I bought my 1st handheld bag ~ 4 months ago. Since then, I'm mainly looking at handheld bags and am almost sad when I have to use a shoulder bag. :lol: If you really like this bag, I'd say give her a chance! :yes:

I definitely recommend the Bulga tote that SuLi posted, I really love Bulga leather and this style in particular. I have this in Chocolate and in Hazel.

Attachments

• IMG_0086.jpg
    IMG_0086.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 86
Do any of you ladies have pictures of you CARRYING the Bulga large pudding tote? Is it a huge bag? Does it fit easily over the shoulder?

SuLi - Thanks for offering you help regarding eBay, I appreciate it!!!

I still cannot decide! I will let you know when I finally do!