Fallen in love with Bulga tote - but it's handheld!?!

1. Neiman Marcus
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I have totally fallen in love with the Bulga Small Pudding Flap tote in chocolate. Been looking for a great dark brown bag, I've heard their leather is amazing, I love the lining, and it's in my price range! Only problem - the straps don't go over the shoulder, and I've never used a handheld bag before. I'm always on the go, and my shoulder bags seem very convienent for shopping, walking downtown, etc. I'm not sure how practical a handheld bag is? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm torn! I wish it had an optional shoulder strap or something. Are there any other great dark brown bags in that price range that I should look at? Thanks!

BULG-WY21_V1-BIG.jpg
  2. Hi there!

I have the same exact styled Bulga tote, but one that goes over the shoulder. The retail on mine was $525 (not sure if this is within your range), but it's a slightly larger bag with longer handles. Same style and chocolate brown color.

Here's a picture from an eBay auction that ended:

[​IMG]

3. I've been lusting after that same bag in plum, but I have the same problem you do. I want it to go over my shoulder.

I would recommend getting something from the Marc by Marc Jacobs turnlock collection. The leather is just as nice as the Bulga, but it's a little cheaper.

I bought the dark brown bowler, and it fits over my shoulder. Here are some pictures.

MJ bowler.jpeg MJ bowler 2.jpeg MJ outfit.jpeg
  4. Thanks for the replies ladies!

SuLi - I've been looking at that larger tote as well and really like it too. It's definitely more expensive than I want to go (unless I can find a deal on eBay or something). It's good to know that it can definitely go over your shoulder, I'll keep my eyes open for a deal!

Zeitgiest4 - I was looking at those Turnlock Bowlers just the other day! I really like them as well, maybe that's a solution. I do like the Bulga bag better - it seems a little more structured. But the shoulder strap is pretty important to me.

5. If you are comfortable with eBay, I would recommend looking for the Bulga there. That style is less popular than the studded version, so you might find a really great deal. You can always PM me if you want me to take a look at the auction since I own one and can hopefully help distinguish whether it is authentic or not.

The MbyMJ is awesome...I'm getting something from the Turnlock line soon!

6. I was a shoulder-bag-girl all my life until I bought my 1st handheld bag ~ 4 months ago. Since then, I'm mainly looking at handheld bags and am almost sad when I have to use a shoulder bag. :lol: If you really like this bag, I'd say give her a chance! :yes:

7. I definitely recommend the Bulga tote that SuLi posted, I really love Bulga leather and this style in particular. I have this in Chocolate and in Hazel.

IMG_0086.jpg
  8. That's a nice bag! Why not own a handheld one for once? ;)

9. Do any of you ladies have pictures of you CARRYING the Bulga large pudding tote? Is it a huge bag? Does it fit easily over the shoulder?

SuLi - Thanks for offering you help regarding eBay, I appreciate it!!!

I still cannot decide! I will let you know when I finally do!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice