Fall/Winter 07 Color Swatches + other Information...

Thanks for posting these. I can barely see them but i can see enough to know that is isn't what I was hoping to see. My credit card LOVES these colors since to me, they are borinngggggggggg repeats and more green, brown and blue. sigh :crybaby: I think they need a new color chooser. Like the girls on TPF. Petition time.:yes:

Dear Balenciaga,
Green, blue and brown are nice, but how many green, blue or brown Balenciaga's does one need? Might I suggest you go look at a box of crayons? or better yet google colors. Honestly, I promise there are other colors out there. Who was choosing colors in '04 and '05? Hint Hint. :P

LOL!!!

I would like a chartreuse color (like Hermes has) and a gold color but not too metallic and a really fun pink ...

THERE. I placed my order. :P

Spring '08 is a year away. I'm not that patient. :P
Here is what I am thinking. I imagine these colors sell very well NATIONWIDE. We love bright colors but I would guess that we may be the exception. I think people in smaller, more conservative towns, probably purchase the more neutral colors. Probably back in '04-05 when they did all of the previous brilliant colors, maybe they weren't big sellers then. That was when the bbag craze sort of really took off. Maybe they don't know that many want the brighter colors now, they just know what sells well and perhaps back then those colors didn't sell that well. I'm only guessing. Most manufacturers produce what sells. They want to make money, so my guess is that they think those brighter colors will not be big sellers, and maybe they weren't big sellers in the past so they are reluctant to repeat a past mistake.
I would love find out what their reasoning is with all of these neutrals and red, blues, greens, and browns. I seriously can't see that many people wanting lots of green bags. I would also like to see what the sales were like back in 04-05. Did many of the bright colors end up on on sale at the end of the season?

I agree that most of them look like the recent colors:Push: (esp. last year's).

But hey! quite possible the leather for Fall 2007 collection would be different compared to last year's. So while the colors are not groundbreaking:wtf: , the leather option could possibly be the kind you prefer :yes:

The two colors at the bottom look a bit promising, but they also look slightly metallic. I am not getting much definition between colors on my monitor. The blue, green, noir, etc. all look pretty much the same. But it IS exciting to sneak a peek at the upcoming colors!

Spring '08 is a year away. I'm not that patient. :P
Here is what I am thinking. I imagine these colors sell very well NATIONWIDE. We love bright colors but I would guess that we may be the exception. I think people in smaller, more conservative towns, probably purchase the more neutral colors. Probably back in '04-05 when they did all of the previous brilliant colors, maybe they weren't big sellers then. That was when the bbag craze sort of really took off. Maybe they don't know that many want the brighter colors now, they just know what sells well and perhaps back then those colors didn't sell that well. I'm only guessing. Most manufacturers produce what sells. They want to make money, so my guess is that they think those brighter colors will not be big sellers, and maybe they weren't big sellers in the past so they are reluctant to repeat a past mistake.
I would love find out what their reasoning is with all of these neutrals and red, blues, greens, and browns. I seriously can't see that many people wanting lots of green bags. I would also like to see what the sales were like back in 04-05. Did many of the bright colors end up on on sale at the end of the season?

That is exactly what I am thinking. I don't know if sale racks are a good indicator because I think that fewer stores order them and those that do order fewer quanitites. I also think that is why these brighter colors fetch higher prices on ebay because they are more rare overall.

While I don't neccesarily have a craving for a bright color, I do wish to see something different - like a teal-green (like teal but more green), or a dusted plum, or a warm plum. Those would be different but still safe enought to be good sellers. From what I can tell, the rouille looks like the rouille from last spring, the rouge looks like rouge vif, the bleuet looks like blueberry, and so forth. I guess its not terrible news for me because I did really like last falls palette but didn't have the money to buy anything.

The metallics at the bottom are interesting - they always do throw in at least one interesting or different color. I guess that's whats so disappointing to me because I am not interested in a metallic bag.

Oh well, it does look like the holiday/winter colors are not included so maybe we will see at least one new (non-metallic) color this winter.

Geez, such different colors! Rouille, rouge, a dark green, a blue...we haven't seen those in AGES!

I'm starting to lose hope in Bbag-dom. I think the golden era has come and gone. Please don't scold me for saying it, I know you're thinking it too...

Geez, such different colors! Rouille, rouge, a dark green, a blue...we haven't seen those in AGES!

I'm starting to lose hope in Bbag-dom. I think the golden era has come and gone. Please don't scold me for saying it, I know you're thinking it too...

I won't scold you because I am thinking the same thing. :crybaby:

Thanks for the color swatches Erica! Unfortunately, I'm bummed also. I was really hoping to see some yellows and plums or fushias............maybe we should send Bal a color wheel............there are so many colors out there!!!!

Attachments

• rcwphotographers.jpg
    rcwphotographers.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 157
Thanks Erica for the great swatches!!!

Maybe Balenciaga didn't put many bright colors in because people tend to wear darker tones in the Fall/Winter months? But I like a bright punch of color to bright up the cold :smile:

I ran the swatches through my editing stuff, it lightens up the background a bit (hopefully it didn't change the swatch colors much, though)

Attachments

• Arena_fall_winter_07_colors.JPG
    Arena_fall_winter_07_colors.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 377
  • Matelasse_fall_winter_07_colors.JPG
    Matelasse_fall_winter_07_colors.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 361
attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks so much for the swatches ****** and thanks for editing them SPIRALSNOWMAN :flowers:

My initial reaction is the same as many others.......boring! :sleepy: Save for Rouille and Red (which have been done season after season) there are no colours that "pop"?? :crybaby:

Current SS07 colours are much more interesting IMO :yes: