fall in love with vintage xl jumbo, which one to get, lamb or caviar

Sep 22, 2006
after seeing so many maxi, i love to get my hands on one of them. but i prefer the vintage style. the rigid, wing free style w/ true gold hw :smile:

i am deciding between caviar or lamb. caviar vintage is bit smaller than lambskin as i observed. it also has a smaller cc as well. lookwise, i love the lambskin, durable wise, caviar is better. so hard to decide. since i am getting them from other seller, it's going to be final sale. really have to make the right choice...

i always thought i was going to get all my chanels in caviar because its more durable....
saying that, after i got my very first vintage chanel in lambskin i fell in love with it!!!
it really depends on how you plan on using your xl jumbo for..
if its every day casual and special occasions go for lamb

but if you want to take this purse out to clubs or what not, no matter how careful you are, someone else isn't so i'd go for a caviar

hope it helped :smile:

of the few vintage jumbos i own, Caviar is by far my favorite choice. It's super durable (though heavy) which is important for a big bag IMO, plus I use it more during the day w/casual outfits than evening gatherings. but it's all a matter of personal preference and how you plan to use it.

after seeing so many maxi, i love to get my hands on one of them. but i prefer the vintage style. the rigid, wing free style w/ true gold hw :smile:

i am deciding between caviar or lamb. caviar vintage is bit smaller than lambskin as i observed. it also has a smaller cc as well. lookwise, i love the lambskin, durable wise, caviar is better. so hard to decide. since i am getting them from other seller, it's going to be final sale. really have to make the right choice...

** Believe it or not there are a few variations of vintage lambskin. I've seen vintage jumbos with the very soft lambskin & others with a sturdier lambskin (I still wonder if those are actually another leather like calf or something).
I have a vintage in super soft lamb & another in a sturdier lamb. I don't worry much about the sturdier one because the quilting & the entire purse just seems really sturdy. On the softer lamb, I am more careful because I really think that it can flaten out or get dimples & look tired eventually if not careful.
I much prefer the sturdier vintage lambskin. If you like the look of Lambskin, I would try to find one with the sturdier leather. The sturdier lambskin is just as durable as the Caviar leather to me.
Here is a picture of a vintage lamb & vintage caviar with the larger CC logo. This looks to be the more sturdy lambskin.
Since you like the look of lamb, I think you should go with it. With research, you will find the perfect purse for you :biggrin:

Attachments

• 21070-iID.jpg
    21070-iID.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 68
  • AA17-1.jpg
    AA17-1.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
I only have 1 Chanel bag, the Vintage Black Lamb Jumbo & it's a keeper. I just love the Classic look & it's well made compared to todays Chanels. I like the lambskin because it's buttery soft to the touch when I hold it.

** Believe it or not there are a few variations of vintage lambskin. I've seen vintage jumbos with the very soft lambskin & others with a sturdier lambskin (I still wonder if those are actually another leather like calf or something).
I have a vintage in super soft lamb & another in a sturdier lamb. I don't worry much about the sturdier one because the quilting & the entire purse just seems really sturdy. On the softer lamb, I am more careful because I really think that it can flaten out or get dimples & look tired eventually if not careful.
I much prefer the sturdier vintage lambskin. If you like the look of Lambskin, I would try to find one with the sturdier leather. The sturdier lambskin is just as durable as the Caviar leather to me.
Here is a picture of a vintage lamb & vintage caviar with the larger CC logo. This looks to be the more sturdy lambskin.
Since you like the look of lamb, I think you should go with it. With research, you will find the perfect purse for you :biggrin:

Wow, that pink XL is gorgeous!

I would go for lamb too. If it's black, it will be sturdy.