Fall color cashew?

1. Neiman Marcus
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Do Blake come in cashew later this year?? :smile:

2. Nope. Cashew, Mouse, Black, Chestnut are the colors for Quilted Frame Collection line (Stam, E/W Stam, Stam Hobo, Little Stam,..).

Blake belongs to Soft Calf Leather Classics Collection line. According to www.marcjacobs.com, the colors for this line in Fall 2006 include: black, linen (off-white/greyish), whisky, graphite, amethyst (purple) and emerald.

The site only shows these styles:

Sporty Tote (14.5x10x5.5): Linen, Graphite, Black, Amethyst, and Whiskey.

Amy Hobo (13x12.5x6): Graphite, Emerald, Black, Amethyst, Whiskey, Linen

Venetia (16x12x4) : Whiskey, Amethyst, Graphite

MJ store confirms that Blake'll be returning.

<<Please update/correct if any info is incorrect. >>

I can't wait to see the color Amethyst in person. From the online pictures, it seems like the contrast stitching will be eliminated! YAY! Maybe, I am just dreaming! =) I have Blake in Linen (from previous seasons), I like the fact that the contrast stitching is not obvious like recent Black Blake & White Blake. Please forgive me if you like contrast stitching.

Would be nice if Soft Calf Leather Classics Collection line comes with silver hardware....

3. I can be wrong with the above information, maybe, it's better to wait. =)

The official site's not very helpful (no info for Blake, all the colors are usually not listed) & SAs often give wrong information.

marcjacobs.com - Large Bowler will come in Graphite, Emerald, Black, Cashew, Whiskey, and Mouse.

4. Thank you so much .. You have been very helpful :yes: ....Yes it would be VERY nice if the hardware was silver ....

So linen and white is not the same color? :shame:

5. Cilifene,

Linen & White are different colors, but you can only tell them apart if they are placed next to each other. White gives you the impression of a brand-new white bag. Linen is more off-white -- I would describe it as an Antiqued White bag. =) I bought and returned a White Blake from Nordstrom because the stitching was dark (if I remember correctly, it was brownish); when I went back the next day, it's sold. I later got a Linen Blake, its grey (??) stitching doesn't pop out as much. Color-wise, I prefer White (we always like what we can't get). Some Marc Jacobs stores might have a few of Linen/White Blake left.

Here are 2 pictures of Linen Blake (saved from bluebeeonline). You can visit their site for some other MJ bags in Linen & Eggshell & White (variations of White), I can't tell them apart online.

6. Thanks a lot! :biggrin: Can I see a pic. of your linen? Do you know the weight of it? ...I have a bowler and it has canvas lining so it's not heawy. I know that Blake has suede lining ..

7. My camera's not with me this week, but the online store where I bought it from declared the package as 1lb. Linen Blake has Blue suede lining & gold hardware, it's heavier than Bowler. It's a lot lighter than Stam for sure. I find it managable. =)

I don't know if the upcoming Blakes will still have suede linings, I hope so... Which color are you interested in?

8. I would like a linen ..but now you tell me it has blue lining :sad:...dont know! is' it dark blue? I hoped the lining was camel...Do you think it's as heavy as Paddy?

9. Not very dark, but it's definitely not pastel blue. =) Should be the same blue suede lining as some other MJ bags. The suede lining for Nutmeg is light.

I no longer have Paddy, but I believe Paddy's heavier.

10. Thanks! you have been very helpful :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice