Fall 2014 Mixed Polish Exchange (Round 11)

vtfroggie

>.<
O.G.
May 14, 2008
After a few months off, it's time for another round! Sign ups will be held through August 15th. If interested, please reply to this thread and PM me the email address you use for accessing google documents. I will only use your email address to provide you access to the Inventory Spreadsheet once the box is in your possession.

The Rules:
Participation
&#8226; You must reside in the U.S. (we&#8217;ll be using a medium flat rate box for shipping), have a minimum of 200 posts, and be an active member in the Beauty and Makeup forum. If you have less than 200 posts, but have successfully participated in another tPF beauty forum exchange, you may be eligible to participate; just PM me to discuss.
&#8226; You must be able to access and edit a google spreadsheet document. If you have not done this before, please let me know so I can help you figure it out.

The Polish
&#8226; You MUST replace each polish that you take with one of your own polishes. The 1 for 1 rule applies to all polishes, regardless of size.
&#8226; Polishes will be exchanged based on a tier system based on retail value of each polish.
  • Tier 1: $3.25 and under
  • Tier 2: $3.50 - $6.75
  • Tier 3: $7.00 - $10.75
  • Tier 4: $11.00 - $15.75 (except Julep)
  • Tier 5: $16.00 and up
  • Tier 6: Julep brand polishes
How the tier system works: If you select a polish from Tier 3, you must replace the polish with one of your own that falls into the Tier 3 category or higher. You do not have to add in a polish from a higher tier, but you cannot replace it with a polish from a lower tier. Juleps have their own special tier and may be replaced with a polish that falls into Tier 4, 5, or 6.
&#8226; All polishes must be 75% or more full.
&#8226; Please add in only polishes that you would want to receive yourself. Do not include old polishes with goopy or runny formulas. Based on past experience, please avoid including crackle/shatter polishes. The temperature variation the box encounters during shipping seems to have a negative effect on crackle/shatter formulas. As always, use your best judgment when choosing what polishes to include in the box.
&#8226; Duplicate polishes will be capped at 2. If there are already 2 of the same color/brand, you may not add yours in the box until the next round.
&#8226; Please be mindful of the colors currently in the box compared with what you add in. If you take out only colors and add in only nudes and/or pinks, it decreases the variety for the next person.
&#8226; A maximum of 25 polishes may be exchanged per person. There is no minimum.
&#8226; Extra donations are welcome, so long as there is space in the box to include them.
&#8226; Please replace bubble wrap on any polishes and replace the box as necessary . Also be sure to pack the box with care. Though bottle breakage is sometimes inevitable given the way the USPS handles these boxes, if a large number of polishes are broken during a single shipment as a result of a poor packing job, the shipper may be responsible for replacing the damaged items.

Inventory
&#8226; When you receive the box, please remove any items that you donated during Round 9 or before. If your polish has made it this far without being selected, it&#8217;s time for it to go. We love all of our polishes but some won't work for everyone.
&#8226; There will be stickers in the box; please put your tPF username on a sticker and put it on the polishes that you add to the box.
&#8226; You are responsible for logging the polishes that you select and remove from the inventory list.
&#8226; When you receive the box, please also take inventory of all of the polishes, ensuring that they are marked correctly, in good condition, and that nothing is missing. If a polish goes missing in between participants and you fail to take inventory, you may be held responsible for the missing polish, which could affect your participation in future rounds. Please PM me if you note a problem when you receive and/or inventory the box.

Shipping and Thread Participation
&#8226; When your name is coming up on the list, please PM your address to the person before you. This means you&#8217;ll have to make sure that you are checking the reveal thread regularly so that you know when your name is getting close. If you go missing during the time that your name comes up, you may be skipped.
&#8226; Each participant must actively post in the thread while the exchange is going on. The main purpose of swapping polishes is to create excitement and conversation among the group. If you sign up for the exchange and don&#8217;t participate in the thread, you may skipped.
&#8226; You must post pictures of the polishes that you choose in the reveal thread. Please post the names of the polishes and name of tPFer who donated it. Swatches and photos of manis are also appreciated!
&#8226; The box MUST be reshipped within 3-4 days of receiving it. If issues come up that cannot be avoided, please PM me.

Last edited:
Wondering if there are just too many exchange boxes going around this forum to garner enough interest for the mixed polish box right now...

We can certainly extend sign ups or I can push the start date if that would help people that may be on the fence about joining this round.

I'm up for whatever you want to do. We can extend signups and start date. Maybe everyone is still in summer mode and not ready for fall polishes. I'm still in! :smile:

I guess I could be in because I do have hundreds of retail polishes to part with, I just kinda am not really in a retail polish kinda mood which is why I didn't jump on this immediately. I guess I am in though for now or later, doesn't matter.

I guess I could be in because I do have hundreds of retail polishes to part with, I just kinda am not really in a retail polish kinda mood which is why I didn't jump on this immediately. I guess I am in though for now or later, doesn't matter.

We love having you join, it there is certainly no pressure to. I have a feeling a lot of ladies are probably feeling the same, with all the love for Indies around here.

I think this is a very popular time for vacations so a lot of people may not be around.

Very good point. I suppose extending signups can't hurt. I'll also work on reaching out to the regular participants, as artie suggested.

sign ups will continue through September 5. We can reassess at that point in time.

Also, if there are any recommendations for updating the swap, I'm all ears. For instance, I was toying with the idea of nixing the first tier, as it seems there are very few swaps made from that and often tier 2. That would make more room for polishes in the upper tiers, which seems to be more popular. Thoughts? Other suggestions?

Oh and I love the idea of the box being tier 3 and above. I have a ton of lower tier because I am phasing them out(going to let friends and family have at them I think). For my collection I do prefer 3 and above since I find they last longer on the nail at least for me. Thanks again for hosting this, even starting to get excited

Hi all!

I might like to participate too since you extended til September. Promise to let you know for sure before Sept 5!

Is there a list/link of what falls into what tier or perhaps it is included in the box inventory? For example, I stalked some of the older exchanges and saw a comment that China Glaze was Tier 3 and left to my own devices I would've put it into Tier 2.

Also, sorry for being dense but I am not entirely sure I get the Julep thing. If you take a Julep, you can replace it with Tier 4 or higher (but that is the normal rule.) So the only change is if you put a Julep in, you have to take Julep out? This is how I think I read it, and seems to make sense to keep the number of Juleps down or equal. TIA