Fall 2014 Mixed Polish Exchange (Round 11)

I like the idea of letting go of tier 1 as well. To help get them out of the box perhaps whoever participates can take a certain amount as "freebies" to give to family and friends. Maybe we can lure some more participants if there are some freebies this round. Hehe.

Hi all!

I might like to participate too since you extended til September. Promise to let you know for sure before Sept 5!

Is there a list/link of what falls into what tier or perhaps it is included in the box inventory? For example, I stalked some of the older exchanges and saw a comment that China Glaze was Tier 3 and left to my own devices I would've put it into Tier 2.

Also, sorry for being dense but I am not entirely sure I get the Julep thing. If you take a Julep, you can replace it with Tier 4 or higher (but that is the normal rule.) So the only change is if you put a Julep in, you have to take Julep out? This is how I think I read it, and seems to make sense to keep the number of Juleps down or equal. TIA

There is a list in the inventory sheet. And of course if a brand isn't on the list and you aren't sure where to put it, just PM me and we can figure it out. You've got the right idea with regard to juleps. We used to get a lot put into the box, but few being taken out. Adding tier 6 helped to even out the variety a bit.

I like the idea of letting go of tier 1 as well. To help get them out of the box perhaps whoever participates can take a certain amount as "freebies" to give to family and friends. Maybe we can lure some more participants if there are some freebies this round. Hehe.

I like the tier 1 freebie idea!

There is a list in the inventory sheet. And of course if a brand isn't on the list and you aren't sure where to put it, just PM me and we can figure it out. You've got the right idea with regard to juleps. We used to get a lot put into the box, but few being taken out. Adding tier 6 helped to even out the variety a bit.

Ok, thanks.

Kailuagal
ArtieMD
Tgirl
Theren
Abitzberger
FLmermaid (pending?)
whitesnowbunny
Texan

No problem FLMermaid. Maybe next time!

Just finished going through and finalizing the box Now all I have to do is get a new box, put everything in, and get the final list of participants/shipping order together. As the new Tier 1 polishes get removed, there will be plenty of room for donations of Tier 2 and up polishes, if anyone is interested in donating to help replenish the box for future rounds. Just something to keep in mind :smile:

I've adjusted the Tiers as follows:
Tier 1: Brands $5.99 and under - these are free to a good home! I've got at least enough to do another bag of freebies during a future round, so take what you want for yourself or a friend/family member!
Tier 2: Mini polishes. If these were full size, they would retail for $6.00+ and fall into one of the upper tiers, but as a mini, they fall in the $5.99 and under category.
Tier 3: $6.00 - $10.75
Tier 4: $11.00 - $15.75 (except Julep)
Tier 5: $16.00 and up
Tier 6: Julep brand polishes

No problem FLMermaid. Maybe next time!

Just finished going through and finalizing the box Now all I have to do is get a new box, put everything in, and get the final list of participants/shipping order together. As the new Tier 1 polishes get removed, there will be plenty of room for donations of Tier 2 and up polishes, if anyone is interested in donating to help replenish the box for future rounds. Just something to keep in mind :smile:

I've adjusted the Tiers as follows:
Tier 1: Brands $5.99 and under - these are free to a good home! I've got at least enough to do another bag of freebies during a future round, so take what you want for yourself or a friend/family member!
Tier 2: Mini polishes. If these were full size, they would retail for $6.00+ and fall into one of the upper tiers, but as a mini, they fall in the $5.99 and under category.
Tier 3: $6.00 - $10.75
Tier 4: $11.00 - $15.75 (except Julep)
Tier 5: $16.00 and up
Tier 6: Julep brand polishes
Thanks Vtfroggie! How's mommyhood coming along? It's a lot of work but also the most joyous. And, it goes by so quickly. I took my son to college and it seems he was just a little boy yesterday. Enjoy every minute! I'm missing those baby years!

Thanks Vtfroggie! How's mommyhood coming along? It's a lot of work but also the most joyous. And, it goes by so quickly. I took my son to college and it seems he was just a little boy yesterday. Enjoy every minute! I'm missing those baby years!

It's going pretty well, thanks for asking! I'm definitely enjoying (just about) every minute with her! She amazes me every day with adorable baby awesomeness! I started back to work part time this past week and she started daycare for those days. It's been nice to have a slight break, but I'm definitely not looking forward to the two of us starting full time work/daycare at the beginning of October!

Is it too late for me to join?

Not at all!