Fall 2010: Looking for RECENT info on Bonanzle

i too wish there was more traffic on bonanza. i listed a few purses there weeks ago and i have yet to get any inquiries :sad: i know ebay has a lot of traffic but the fees are what i dont want to deal with. i have never listed an item on ebay before but i always hear that the fees are ridiculous.

for those of you who have sold on ebay before, approximately how much would i end up paying in fees if an item of mine sold for $1,200.00?

Yeah that's the downside to Bonanza... slow. But then again I am not in any rush to sell.

The fee of your item depends on which category and which listing style you are listing your item under (auction or Buy It Now)... I used the rolbe calculator to figure out your fees if you were selling shoes/accessories.

Buy It Now @ $1200 total eBay fees including insertion fee = $96 (if you take paypal, the paypal fee on top of the FVF would be $35.10)
Auction style ending price @ $1200 total eBay fees including insertion fee = $52 (if you take paypal, the paypal fee on top of the FVF would be $35.10)

Hope that helps!

Let's not forget that Bonanza is now promoting their Bags Bonanza site: http://bags.bonanza.com/
On facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/BagsBonanza

I have been selling on both but like the others, prefer Bonanza because of the cost and the people - they are much nicer. I suppose that too will change with growth but I've come to expect it on ebay now.

I can also advise that a Premium membership on Bonanza significantly increases exposure so if you're a serious seller it's worth the investment.

My experience with Bonanza has been good. The exposure that your booth gets depends very much on your advertising. Use Google attributes as well so your listings will show up during Google searches. The first 250 words of your listing are searchable if you use the right format. Most important it using bullets in your listing.
Use Facebook and Twitter to get more exposure. Visit other booths even your competition and leave a message for them. Participate in the forums and also sign up for TSU Sellers Network (not affiliated with Bonanza). You can link your booth, add pictures etc. I really worked on this a couple of weeks ago and sold 5 handbags in 1 week which for me was great. I slowed down the last couple of weeks due to other things going on but I am ready to start up again soon.

I've just recently sold a few handbags on Bonanza. So far, I like it, but it doesn't get the traffic eBay does. I sure wish it did though. Bonanza fees are much more reasonable than eBay.

I try to keep up with my booth & answer all questions quickly. I recently figured out that I could use my cell phone email with my Bonanza account & when I get a message from there, I get a txt & notice on my phone. It helps to keep me updated and on top of things.

I've got a new handbag I'd really like to sell ASAP, but I'm not sure how to get it sold on there quickly. I've listed it, dropped the price, offering free shipping, but still no bites. It's a new Coach purse, so I'd say it's fairly in demand.

I even selected the "best offer" option so people can at least try to send me an offer, but no luck.

I'm wondering if there's something in particular I'm doing wrong and it's not showing up.

Any who, sorry for the rant :smile:

^ with the recent coach p.c.e discount alot of people have bought alot of the newer bags,and also with the other 50$0ff $100 and 100$ off $300 cards mailed out. this could be what is effecting your sale of the bag. it will sell,just be patient.:smile:

I've just recently sold a few handbags on Bonanza. So far, I like it, but it doesn't get the traffic eBay does. I sure wish it did though. Bonanza fees are much more reasonable than eBay.

I try to keep up with my booth & answer all questions quickly. I recently figured out that I could use my cell phone email with my Bonanza account & when I get a message from there, I get a txt & notice on my phone. It helps to keep me updated and on top of things.

I've got a new handbag I'd really like to sell ASAP, but I'm not sure how to get it sold on there quickly. I've listed it, dropped the price, offering free shipping, but still no bites. It's a new Coach purse, so I'd say it's fairly in demand.

I even selected the "best offer" option so people can at least try to send me an offer, but no luck.

I'm wondering if there's something in particular I'm doing wrong and it's not showing up.

Any who, sorry for the rant :smile:

I haven't had any bites either... but I am considering putting a message on the forums they have. There's one specifically for promoting your booth~! And I think the messages you can post are only 2 per day... So there's a bit more exposure than what we would get now I guess...

I LOVE Bonanza!!! save so much on final value fees, pay only $10 on Bonanza when FEEbay would have charged me about $150 for a LV bag final value fee. In time, FEEbay will lose more and more sellers as they treat their sellers(their main source of income) very poorly!

I started my own booth to sell some bags and shoes, so far I had some offers but no sale. Anyway I've already bought a pair of Louboutin!
the thing I really like is that you can keep your items for sale as long as you want without paying any fee, the thing i dislike is that people make you some very low offers, about 50% of your sale price.

Maybe now with PayPal offering better buyer protection, the traffic will increase. As long as Bonanza doesn't change the feedback system and the fees stay low, I much prefer Bonanza. I have had good luck selling there and buying. Just like any other online auction site, you still have to be careful. I agree with what another poster said - so far buyers and sellers have been much nicer, for some reason.

I started my own booth to sell some bags and shoes, so far I had some offers but no sale. Anyway I've already bought a pair of Louboutin!
the thing I really like is that you can keep your items for sale as long as you want without paying any fee, the thing i dislike is that people make you some very low offers, about 50% of your sale price.
I get 50% lowball offers too!! It's insulting, really. Do you just ignore them or do you counteroffer?

Also, I once mistakenly (apparently) okay'd an old lowball offer and the buyer paid ASAP. I still have no idea what I clicked that the item ended up sold. I had to refund and apologize and it was extremely upsetting to me since I pride myself on good customer service. I find Bonz very confusing!

I get 50% lowball offers too!! It's insulting, really. Do you just ignore them or do you counteroffer?
I will counteroffer if it seems like a sincere offer. If it just a ridiculous low ball offer, then I just ignore it. I try to price my bags reasonably, so I'm not prone to accept a very low offer. I'm not in the business of giving bags away.

^ Thanks for your reply. :smile:

I also find it odd when I get repeated lowball offers - kind of ignoring my more reasonable counteroffers and they keep coming back and coming back by upping the offer by $10 or so.

And they don't write a nice note or anything. They're silent except for these lowball offers...

I have not had any pleasant experiences as yet selling on Bonz.