Fall 2009 Toki Bags

bagme

Bags, bags, bags!!!
Jun 8, 2007
I just saw the new entire Fall 2009 lineup of Toki bags on tokidoki.it website, and honestly, I ain't feelin any of them...I don't like the print and the new style of bags. :blah:

If I buy anymore, I am going to only hunt for the previous ones...

So what does everyone else here think?

(if there is already an existing thread on this topic, please delete this one)

Whoops! I wasn't clear enough when I started this thread...

I was referring to the ENTIRE Fall 2009 collection, every style/structure of this new series, not just the Mimetica in Incontro style, and the Black Poco Poco, which are the only two referred to in the other thread.

For instance, the Esplorare backpack in Fantasma is very different structurally than the previous Abbraccio backpack.

This thread can be deleted, if you want.

I just looked at the bags, overall, the colors and prints are alot more dull? The only colorful print bag is the mimetica and even that is not as colorful as the prior seasons... The rest are in black and greyish tones. The only thing I like about the fall season bags are the ciao ciao and adios charms that comes as a pair.

Digress a little, I also prefer the previous artist in residence, FIFI Lapin alot more than this season's..

My wallet will be happy this fall :P

i hate the new tokidoki prints.
Fifi Lapin is nice, but i liked bfree the best. i have a bfree bag that i carry around, and i get so many compliments. a friend of mine who hates hates hates lesportsac told me that she loves it. same for my sister, who generally dislikes lesportsac prints. the multicolored print is adorable--you need to see it close up to appreciate the print. the colors are bright and fun. lesportsac doesn't do a fabulous job of showing print detail on their website.
i'm happy that i don't like the new prints. saves me some money!!!! i love the old tokidoki prints. i will keep all of my older bags, i like them too much.

I went to a local mall today, and for the first time, I saw the actual Fall 2009 bags in the flesh and took a close look at both the printed and black ones......and like someone wrote on the other thread, the fabric IS TERRIBLE (IMO)...its thicker, and it does feel "cheaper"...the black print is interesting tho, but the colored print is terrible.....

and to my dismay, the multicolored zipper and round zipper pull are no more....I (and others on this forum) already noticed this from the pixs on the web, but to see it for real, its yukky. They are really taking toki bags in a separate direction from Lesportsac. boo. :sad:

however, like everyone else wrote, its good for my wallet!! and I am glad i have the toki bags i have. :love:

I would also like a FIFI Lapin!!! bunnnnniiiiiies!

After looking at the bag archive I agree... I really do not like the new Fall 09' collection. The older collections were more cheerful and brighter with the cute prints..this collection is very dull. :tdown: