Fall '10 Sneak Peek

I am intruiged I admit. I sense a change in direction and design. I do like the samples of leathers..I'd like to see more.

I'll have to take time to really examine everything using my magnifying glass once I finish dinner and return from the meeting.

Therefore:

I will reserve judgement until the CSI's leave.

I can't reach a decision until more evidence is presented.

OTOH..if I am forced to testify at this stage of the trial....perhaps I shall simply plead the fifth?

FWIW..I still feel like I'm getting a sneak peek at Fall '09.

ETA..I know..snarky.

Last edited:
They seem to know my weak spots. I love Edwardian, Holmes, London stuff. (See my earlier post about Rag and Bone's Fall 10 collection, which has similar elements.)

I love the Annie Hall look, nikki, but it took me years to figure out that it isn't flattering on me, I just look frumpy (too short and too ruler-ish, I guess).

Oh, oh, and there's a bag that kind of looks like the Bernardin Day Bag but with a shoulder strap?? Oooh.

Ech..meeting postponed until next week..dinner is up..and I wanted to take another peek.

One of the bags resembles a tweaked version of the triple strap hudson. I won't be able to wear any of the dresses yet again. The fabrics are classic with a twist. I wonder which direction this is going..(fafnir..remember the Fall 2010 Rag and Bone collection we remarked about in another thread..you and I have similar tastes in clothing at times).

I have the makings of this look in my closet, tweed, velvet, burnout velvet, houndstooth, Borsalino tophats and bowlers, capes and capelets, Burberry trenchcoats, laceup ghillies with removable flaps, victorian style boots and more. Some vintage, much thrift, some new, some borrowed from my son's discards. Most of it tailored to fit me perfectly so I don't look like what jenni deemed worth of the trappings worn by an extra in a Dicken's musical.

In fact, I think I was wearing much of this when Toni was in high school..(or even grade school perhaps?). Not quite Annie Hall more like, I know I have to wear a suit to work but I'll be darned if I wear a 'suit suit' and look like another corporate drone".

Even now, I don't wear this look every day and certainly not all at once (too costume) unless I am going steampunk for a reason, but I love the effect of bits and pieces of it mixed into more modern, streamlined looks. It keeps everything from looking too "oh..this is the look this season" and makes it my own.

I have to give Toni props for interpreting for Fall 2010 in her own fashion..(ugh..bad pun) one of the trends I read about and saw photos of in the NYTimes during MBenz Fashion week in Bryant park. Wearable? I'm sure there will be many who can rock HH clothing..but no can do.

Bags..bare bones at this point..I need to see more. That Yam or Orange bag with the circle clasp on the bottom right corner looks much like a Bernadine (?) shoulder bag perhaps? What IS that olive bag..and what is going to be made from the faux exotics?

annnd...most importantly....not to throw a damper on the coal burning stove..Fall '10delivery?

annie hall is my favorite movie. diane keaton is such a star. (she was featured in the sunday times style magazine. love.)

however, i can't pull it off, either, fafnir. i am too plush to look that adorable in those clothes.

i'm looking forward to the faux exotics and am totally enamored by that bernardin with a strap. i've always wanted the bernardin (with the clara clasp) but, find it impractical for me. a crossbody option would be great. that bag with the braided strap has potential, for sure. i love hobos.

i think the black dress and the leather jacket looks great.

i don't get the cape at all. same with the velvet.

Yep, GB, we definitely are kindred fashion spirits!

I'm also trying to remember that just because I see an illustration of a lovely Bernardin-type bag with a shoulder strap that makes me drool, it may never see the light of day. So I mustn't get attached. Om.

Last edited: