Fakes vs real - recent episode of Tyra (Chanel related)

richie was once spotted with a 'fake' yellow bbag and so did paris. i don't know what's wrong with them b/c they're so rich they could afford everything there. there are threads on the fake vs real goodies and there is one recently too. the fakes will always be around, like how the society is - the genuine / sincere people vs the fake. personally i'm not a supporter of fakes and will only buy the real thing. supporting fake merchandise = support of child labour (underpaid children who are forced to work under harsh conditions)

Well, when you are used to getting things for free there is less appreciation for the product and no need for an education about real versus fake. These celebs aren't shelling out their hard earned cash for expensive designer duds and often have entitlement issues, thinking no one would dare gift them with a fake product. She probably figured the friends who gave her the Balenciaga could afford the authentic bag and therefore didn't question the authenticity.
I agree with Roey about how celebs could end up with fakes... Although what a sad existance celebs live, to be so greedy that they even accept free designer items when you can afford to pay for them and help out the entire economy.

Tyra is SO annoying on her talk show. If it wasn't for her producers/writers/whatever, her show would suck big time. I wish someone else was the host. I cringe when I watch her, I am actually embarrassed for her.

I saw that episode about the fake stuff. She had no clue what she was talking about! She also mentioned a "friend" who used to carry fakes but won't do it anymore. How can she carry and buy fakes when she's a model and she works for these people. :rolleyes:

I think, just because Tyra is an authoritative figure - doesn't mean she is an authoritative figure on designer handbags. Maybe she never had a Balenciaga in the past? They do make good fakes these days and unless someone has been properly educated, they really might not know.

IMO I always thought the Marc Jacob's Stam screamed Chanel - but again that is me.

I had to giggle a little as I read that! When I got a Stam few months ago, my mother thought it was a Chanel when seeing it in quick glance. I like my MJ bag because it looks somewhat different from other Stams, and wasn't out in too many shops. But then I just saw it on Net-A-Porter on sale this week! That put me off to buy anymore MJ bags. My somewhat special purse now didn't seem so special. :crybaby:

I thought this was funny....

courtney_harpers_1.jpg
if i have her figure.....lol, jk, back to topic! It's just same as Paris publicly acknowledge she don't care if it's fake or real, she carries what 'she' likes. I personaly would not expect a model to be an expert about authencity of an item, sure they post in pix w/them, but we all know the back stage of runway are always crazy, the only time they get to hold the bag is when they are on stage. If they want a bag, just call up their stylist to pick it up, never have to worry about being scammed on ebay or not.