Fakes everywhere...

well at NZ fashion week last year....there were so many fakes!!!I wanted to stab them all!!! I mean you go to a fashion event...you must know that yours is fake!!! that really pissed me off!!!:cursing:

:cursing: :hysteric:
I HATE, HATE, HATE FAKES!!!!!

Just last week, during my son's school fair, I saw about 10 fake LV's. 2 fake mono speedy 25s, a fake speedy 30, a fake mono that I think is a cross between a popincourt haut and a multipli cite. Not to mention the fake Gucci's and would you believe fake Coach(es) and Juicy Couture(s). The only real ones I saw was a Juicy Couture diaper bag and an LV red Epi Saint Jacques.

I seriously think it is in the height of bag taste to carry one. I think it's either one is such a FAKE, or too ignorant/ stupid to know they are carrying fakes(since Dh pointed out that some carry gifts, wahatever...)

not that many fakes in SCP.. kinda abundant in the Sears wing, but they all disappear for the other wings (bloomies, nordstroms, saks, macys).. clearly the fake carriers know better than to carry it to the good wings..

Let's face it Ladies and Gents, we are blessed to be able to carry the "real" thing. Others have to settle for the next best thing, "fake". I am not saying I agree with fakes, I just feel bad for those who would luv an LV or Balenciaga and have to buy what they can afford. :sad:

i guess i don't get that riled up about fake LVs because i've never seen fakes in my styles (red Epi Epeedy and Lockit Horizontal).

but think about it this way, some of us who carry the real deal may get very irked at fakes, but on the ther hand -- the women with the fakes, i sense, may feel very embarrassed, you know?

it's a real test of our love for LV if we don't: easily get turned-off by the abundance of fakes, stress about our bags being tought as fake and look down on others for carrying fakes :yes: otherwise, we must re-assess exactly why we buy these bags in the first place.

I appreciate this thread quite a bit since I am new to purchasing LV, so far just the Speeding Mono Sneakers and a cute little Pouchette Cancun but I've got the OK to get the Bosphore Backpack for my 15th Anniversary on the 19th this month ... not doing anything elabourate otherwise since we have a trip to the Galapagos Islands next month so I want to have our anniversary day as the trip to the LV store to go pick up my new beauty of a backpack .. well anyway I have been struggling a bit over the real / fake issue a bit since I've already seen these online being offered as fakes even though they are a new item this fall -- I've decided its most important that I know its not a fake and really doesnt matter whether anyone else knows or cares -- I can't imagine carrying a knock off anything, just isn't me.

I asked my husband what he thought the difference was between the real LV Bosphore Backpack and the fake ones and he said "about $900" LOL jolly joker - then assured me the real one is going to be much better made, and certainly will have better support if I ever need a part repaired or replaced, serviced etc.

Also, I dont expect any fake is going to match the quality that an authentic LV will have, and I'm expecting the real deal will serve me well and last longer .. it better ! :smile: -- this is my first really expensive bag so I'm a bit nervous but so excited and will mean so much to me as my 15th anniversary gift and all -- I can't wait!

While I dislike fakes as much as the next person (and my Mom and I always cringe when we walk past the one particular kiosk at the mall), I don't let it bother me too much, for one, I KNOW my bag is real and that's all that matters, and then, there are other more important things for me to worry about (like which bag I am going to get next! :graucho: )

i took my son to the playplace at mcdonald's today and saw a little girl, probably about 5 years old, carrying a fake mono bucket. hahaha.... she was dragging it around as she climbed around in the play area. it was both funny and cute. :smile:

I don't like fakes, either.

What drives me CRAZY is when someone is walking around with a really poor fake and they are trying to pull it off as an authentic piece.

Wow! Ever since moving to St. Petersburg, I have seen pretty much all the purses in the funniest fakes thread... Yesterday I saw the one with the "pictures" on it.. I didn't think anybody would actually buy something like that.. Anyways, I haven't seen many real, but I did see an auth Steven (I think), and it was tdf!! I hate it in pics, but it was gorgeous in rl!

So I went to the Cabazon outlets today and man was it jam packed!! I saw 4, count them FOUR fake LV's today. OHHHH it was so gross!! :throwup:
And of course I had my AUTHENTIC one, so I wonder if those fakers thought mine was fake!

So anywho, I saw a speedy with this weird colored handles, almost orangey and it had............FEET!!

I saw this cute little old lady though with an azur saleya that looked real. She was holding it in one hand while she was pushing her wheelchair........seemed like she was using it as a walker instead of sitting in it.

Anywho just wanted to share. Oh and I finally got a Kooba bag! The one I got is normally $500 and I got it on sale and w/a coupon for $179.99 from off 5th saks, it's the embossed Scarlett.

Oh and my BFF and I saw Danielle Fishel from Boy Meets World and we took a pic w/her. :smile: I look horrible and fat in the pic but Danielle looks cute!

meandd.jpg