Fakes at yardsales and people say they are real!

MrsVuitton

Aug 19, 2008
I just posted about real Coach purses I got super cheap at a yardsale this summer however it had me thinking about the fake LVs I have seen. All the people say they are real. I don't even ask, just pick it up and they go "Oh it's real" when bullspit it is! I usually say "Really because if you paid full price you might want to demand your money back" and it ends there.

I know they sell them at flea markets but they are tacky and look horrible. I guess some people just don't care about where they are from, what kids made them and how icky they look.

I just think it's funny how people know they are fake and still stand by getting $60 and say they are real. :nuts:

Hahaha it is funny. Those people make me laugh my a$$ off.

If I was mean I'd be like, "so that's real, huh? Well Chinatown called and they want their fake back!!"

I agree with you, I don't understand it either.

I think a few FEW of them may actually believe it is real, but that's like 1 in 1,000.

I know what you mean. I had a family friend, who was selling "LV's" and kept saying yes it's real. I was whispering to my sis-inlaw... :nogood: no it's not.... however folks were still shelling out cash for it...

There are some people out there who are totally clueless when it comes to knowing a fake. I honestly think some of these people think these purses ARE real which is scary. There are still a lot of smaller towns that the only time they even come close to seeing a designer bag is when it is a fake one. So unless they have someone to help them or get on the internet they don't know the difference.

To make matters worse the fakes are now complete with their own authenticity cards which seals the deal for a lot of those who don't know any better. Authenticity cards? Now that's gotta be real yall! :nuts:

yeah meanwhile the husband is inside the house scared to death someone is going to blow his cover. he got the $2000 lawnmower for xmas and she got her "real" $1200 purse, right? :graucho:

Some (very few) are out of it and really think they are buying auth online or on the streetcorner for rock bottom prices. They don't understand LV is very exclusive and only sold in its own stores or leased dept store spaces, they think it's like other brands which you can buy auth merch online or heavily discounted (seconds, outlets, TJ maxx, etc.). Others know they are buying fake and seek that out, they want the look but don't want to pay the price. They'd rather buy the $50 fake than the $1200+ original, to them it is the same or close enough. They are not into brands or handbags the way tpf'ers are, they aren't looking at the details and even if they did they just don't care. It's like buying a purse at Macy's to them, only it looks more designer and expensive (to them) than the "inspired" ones brands like Nine West/Guess/etc make, while costing about the same.

I think the saddest is the people who buy online and think they are getting real and pay a lot of money but just get a fake, or people given a fake for a gift and the giver tries to pass it off as real. If someone knowingly buys a fake, at least they know what they have and they made their choice.

From where I come from, there are people who setup shop in shopping malls to sell fakes~!! The mono/damier/murakami neverfull, trevi, chanel, fendi etc. You name it, they have it, even Prada Fairy bag!! Gosh.. I've even seen people taking out so much $$ for a fake Fairy bag, unsure if they are ignorant or just wanting to buy fakes~

There is a girl where I work that sells fake bags. I have been teaching one of my co-workers how to spot fakes. Her daughter came to our office the other day all excited because she wanted this Coach bag the girl was selling and it was only $60.00. I could contain myself NO LONGER. I broke it down for her what a real Coach bag looks like and what a fake looks like. I told them the only way you are getting an authentic Coach bag for 60.00 (this was normally at 350.00 bag it just came out) was either through the outlet or if she was driving behind the Coach truck and it fell out the back. She ended up buying it anyway but she doesn't use it because now she realizes its a FAKE! The sad part was she really, really thought it was real.

I see fakes for sale at yardsales and good will all the time. Half the time.. they don't even have LV on it.. like an XX or LW or something silly.

ugh i HATE those. they're so disgusting

haha i actually saw one on the subway the other day that was from disney world. the little LV flower was replaced with mickey ears and the LV was MM

There was a family playing mini-golf and the grandmother had a HUGE speedy ripoff and it was covered in $ or something weird and she kept flaunting it over and over. The family was so rude too. The kids would run all over the golf course we were playing and the family just sat there watching. My husband tried saying something because it happened 100 times and my kids couldn't play but the family acted like they couldn't speak english.:confused1: